Picked up my ukes, pleasantly reminded.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
A couple days ago I bought in the Market Place a sunburst Godin Multiuke from WhenDogsSing (I'll post an NUD and tell the story of why I bought it when the Godin arrives this week). While waiting for it, I've been playing each of my five ukes to get my hands back on them after playing bass uke almost exclusively for over a year.

Of the five, I re-discovered the quality of my Kala KAATP-CTG-CE. Great projection and sustain, comfortable and easy to play. I've said it previously, for $375 I feel it rivals the other K brands in the $1000 range. I'm very happy that Mim recommended it to me.

Kala Cedar.jpg

Kala makes some great ukes but often get overlooked.

Congrats on the Godin. I thought about it but knew this would lead to an amp, pedals, etc. and I still have a few dozen ukes to discover before I go to gear acquisition syndrome. ;-)

Thanks Eddie, I saw your post on that thread. I have amps and stuff already, so I'm set, but I'm actually looking forward to using it without, based on the sample Tim posted in his thread, much louder than I would have thought. If you guys ever do another wurscht get together, I'll bring it.

Loving your uke is half the battle

I had my eye on that Godin Multiuke as well. Have some other expenses going on right now so I couldn't justify $400 on a ukulele right now. But it was a real deal for that price. Glad it's going to a good home. Enjoy!

Top Bottom