Blueridge BR40-TCE

BigD

Reaction score
Well hello everyone!! :D Its been quite a while since ive been here!! Hope everyone is well :eek: Between some serious life changes and moving myself around I'm back to my old ways, looking for a new instrument. And in order to do that I must follow the rules. 1 in and 1 out, so it must be or I would be broke living in a box surrounded by beautiful instruments lol as it is, I have my blueridge tenor up for grabs. But as it were I'm not hoping to outright sell it. Preferably I would like to do a swap with someone for a small bodied guitar. I love this tenor, plays great, looks amazing and really really sounds fantastic. I know a few guys and gals around here have one and I'm sure can attest to that fact. My issue is in that I really am missing a full 6 strings. I convinced myself that 6 strings were too many and hampered my playing when in reality I just wasn't practicing enough lol not a scratch on the instrument, been well cared for and played maybe once every week or so. This guitar sells for around $500 most places, the lowest I found was $496 on musicians friend. I'm looking for something along the lines of a taylor gs-mini. In fact that honestly would be the perfect trade for me as ive had m eye on those gs minis for quite some time. Some of the smaller bodied Seagulls/S&P are also very nice! Had an Seagull entourage I loved but had to sell. So theres my schpeel, any questions requests for pics info all things just shoot me a message, preferably let me know if your interested here first. Ill hopefully have some pics here soon, I work too much and am never home but any interest in this and I will get right back to you, scouts honor :rolleyes: lol thanks for your time everyone Also: realistic offers
(either money or other instrument wise) are also fine, but my goal is to trade this straight out with someone just because
I'm fully aware that in that way everyone gets the best of things!

Just to clarify for those who may not know, this is a tenor guitar, not a tenor ukulele.

For what it's worth, I have one and I really like it. Great sound, well built. It can be tuned like a traditional tenor guitar (CGDA), but with the proper strings it may also be tuned like a baritone ukulele (DGBE), a tuning that tenor guitarists call "Chicago tuning." It has steel strings and is ideal for ukulele players who want a guitar-like sound without having to play the guitar.

Good luck with your listing!

GCEA an acceptable alternate tuning for tenor guitars and banjos with the right strings.

I also own one of these and I can attest to the great sound. The build quality is really really good as well, rivals stuff three times the price. If you are a uke player who has wanted to play guitar this right here is your gateway drug......it was for me. Tuned DGBE it is the same as a baritone ukulele, just the same as the #1,2,3&4 strings of a six string guitar.

Last edited:
Oops! Didn't even realize I forgot to mention it wasn't a uke lol its a fantastic instrument that I love but I'm getting little use of it now and having a nice quality fun thing like this just laying around bothers me till no end

New price!! 390 plus actual shipping!! Ill throw in a tuner and a strap too! Thought about it, i need funds for a gs mini ��

Alrighty folks, 370 plus shipping!! Still accepting trade offers as well! Thanks for you time :D

Been down this road....also had the blueridge tenor....nice instrument but i sold it too.
uke player and then learned guitar...having a blast....,learning how to play guitar makes you a much better uke player..

can save you a lot of trial and error..

$200 bucks get your self a Cordorba MINI Guitar...this is not a guitalele.....its a real mini nylon string guitar
wide neck...20 inch scale and you can learn on this very easily ( the basic 12 guitar chords and learn finger picking)

When time to graduate look at the Martin Drednaught JR. Its a 3/4 or 7/8 real wood guitar ...awesome.. Much easier to fret than the taylor gs mini. I know. I had one and sold the gs mini
when I bought the Martin Dred JR. No comparison.

or get a full size om size guitar. Best bang for buck, without question,,ask any guitar player..is the new Yamaha FS800 which just came out.
For $200 bucks its freakin unbelievable value. Sound great, looks great.

hope this helps.

Wow im suprised ive missed the martin jr in all my searchin!! My problem really does lie in that a full size dread is just too big. I had a seagull that i loved but i didnt play it because it was just damn uncomfortable. I bought the blueridge and i do love it and would keep it if possible but the need for a guitar right now is trumping my play time of the tenor. Ill think ill start a thread in guitars about small bodys! Any experience with the new guild jumbo mini?

You should join the acoustic guitar forum...great info
used guitar classified....guitar reviews
nice PONO acacia solid parlor used for sale there 500 bucks shipped.

Try to stay with the 1 3/4 inch neck with larger string spacing when choosing a guitar
it facilitates learning chords and finger picking faster for newbies..

Seagull are good learner too...they have 1.8 inch necks...

The guild mini jumbo has a narrow neck i think

The Alvarez Mini Jumbo has a 1 and 3/4 neck.....

I susupect the Guild Mini jumbo is actually the same as the alvarez..just with a guild name...have nno proof though.

Top Bottom