Latest headstock inlay picture thingy

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
This image and its hidden significance were tricky to conceive and execute. Alot of different techniques were used, including staining, scraping, highlighting, darkening, engraving.
3 woods used are -
Buckeye burl (sky),
Amboyna burl (path),
Figured maple (everything else)
14192556_1086205744801471_8762175711306241309_n.jpg

Yowza! I like how the purfling fades out at the top
The image reminds me of "Joe vs. the Volcano" lol

It's beautiful! I love how you used the textures of the various woods to create a three dimensional look. So what is the "hidden" part of "hidden significance"?

The buckeye burl reminds me of a breaking wave seen from inside the curl.

Thanks- buckeye burl is best inlayed and left alone and i can't beat nature palette. It's blue/grey tone works with almost every other colour- due to it being more grey when ca glued to stabilise it (its very soft otherwise)

Ohooooo... I'm really liking that. Taking it to the next level Beau. Love the perspective effect. Also the offset 'H'.

My "H"'s are always an after thought as i don't care if i put one on or not. The owner wanted an "H" somewhere.

Ive found working around images , inlays etc makes you think differently- ive been making since 2003 and ive never done off set tuners until this year and they look GREAT!!! also off set "H" (or whatever)- breaking out of "lets put it in the center" always feels good.

Top Bottom