Just got Gotohs on my Timms

Pleasure Paul

Reaction score
I have to post, I just got nice all black Gotohs installed on my Timms. Installation was done by luthier/repairman Marcel Hustings. I'm very happy, the good intonation qualities of the Timms are now highlighted, I can say that I'm in tune now during a much larger percentage of time. When it's time to tune, I just do it, where I used to hesitate. The Timms came with good quality friction pegs, but it really deserves the better tuner. The Gotohs look good on the Timms, they go well with the ebony fingerboard. I find myself tuning without a tuner. BTW I ordered them from Hawaii, they came wrapped in bubbles in an envelope, without too much postage costs. Goodbye from happy chappie in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Great idea. I love the Gotoh UPT tuners.

Post a pic!

Yea man........didn't happen without pictures:p

Just joking. I have the same tuners on four of my ukes and they are my favorites tuners by far.

Last edited:
Thanx for the pics!
What size/item number tuners did you buy?
I'm contemplating doing the same for my Timms!

What size/item number tuners did you buy?
I'm contemplating doing the same for my Timms![/QUOTE]

Item number is UBB-B. This has the oval button.
The Timms is really worth it. I contemplated Pegheds (I have them on a 50's Martin), but the tuner hole on the Timms is slightly larger than needed for Pegheds. So the Gotohs were the best choice, the uke needs just a little reaming.

Top Bottom