okay .....concert size uke first time for this size but my 3rd build overall.

robinashby

Reaction score
Bought a hana lima concert 14 fret fan uke plan. Changed it a bit shape wise to make it my own in cad. I am hopeless with facts and figures and maths.

This plan states a 15 inch scale (already complex as I am more a mm kinda guy!) The bridge is slighted to compensate making the 'A' string about a 10th of inch shorter in total.

I have a pono uke here concert size and thats a striaght bridge but thats got a scale lengh of 15 inch plus one 10th also. the bone bridge is nibbled away at but not in any sort of understandable pattern!

So question is straight bridge or angled best?

Also any other advice that may save me heart ache on this matter would be great fully received please!

Convert inches to mm and use StewMac's fret calculator to work things out to make it easier for you. So for you it's a 381mm scale length.

Use 383.25mm as the compensated length and a straight saddle slot.

I make my saddles 4mm wide and plan the break point for the centre of the saddle, and this gives heaps of room for any tweaking of the compensated length for each of the strings.

okay great thanks... i can continue with confidence with the next steps. thanks allen.... nice to know theres help out there.

Top Bottom