Azo Bell east coast concerts...

earnest

Reaction score
sorry for the last minute posting but...
if you are within driving distance of scenic downtown Voorheesville NY (near albany) you can see and hear the amazing Aussie, Azo Bell, who will be performing at www.oldsongs.org on friday Sept 9th, tomorrow!
Azo was last in the states 15 years ago and made a big impression wherever he went.
His recordings with the Old Spice Boys are legendary, check the youtubes of them at az0bell, and he has a new solo CD. He will do a workshop and concert starting around 7 pm...
He will also be doing a house concert here in Portland ME on saturday sept 10th, at Jay Yorks, 58 Wilmot St. At 7 pm. And a workshop on wednesday the 14th at St. lukes cathedral, 143 State St. portland, at 6:30, before returning to the west cost for shows in Vancouver 9/16(cutie circle uke club) and Seattle 9/17(Dusty Strings) and then back to Australia...so this could be your only chance to see him for a while...
thanks, Joel Eckhaus

Azo said at the concert that this tour of the US is largely because of Joel Eckhaus.

It was a great, albeit short, concert followed by a workshop that was pretty damned phenomenal.

I took two videos with my phone, and Azo said I could upload them to YouTube and UU - I will take care of that within 24 Hours.

-Kurt

Both videos are on YouTube, and in the other Azo Bell thread here on Ukulele Underground.

He also has a new CD called "azo bell - airborne"

I bought my copy from him - and he said it is available from CDBaby.

And to continue the discussion on talent vs. equipment, Azo was playing what he described as "A cheap Chinese-made ukulele, about $200 (AU)", and had a lapel mic Velcro-ed to the base plate of the instrument. He did, however, run it through a pretty great DI box with EQ settings, before it went to the house sound system.

Top Bottom