NUD, Godin Multiuke from the Market Place

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's the long story; a couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through eBay looking at tenor ukes when I came upon an Ovation Applause tenor cutaway sunburst uke. I took notice because the first new guitar I bought in 1975 was an Ovation Applause sunburst six string. The uke had a starting bid of $275 and a Buy-It-Now for $375 (and $25 shipping).

I decided to make a max bid of $299 and hoped no one outbids me in 4 days, but someone did at the last minute for $357. I immediately regretted not buying it for the $400 and avoid the bidding, but I was being unnecessarily frugal and lost out on a really nice uke for a really good deal, they don't come up very often.

A few days ago while scrolling through the UU Today's Posts, I saw a Market Place sale by WhenDogsSing of his sunburst Godin Multiuke. He had just lowered the price to $400 shipped and thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided I would not let this one get away like I did the Ovation Applause and went for it.

It arrived today and it's a beauty, excellent condition, sounds great amped or unamped, and made extremely well. I've replaced the regret with joy and great thanks to WhenDogsSing (Tim).

Me Godin Miltiuke.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Mike!

Awesome - congratulations and good pic

Congrats, it's a really nice uke! I considered buying one (in Europe, though) when I listened to Tim playing. It sounded great to me.

Congratulations on the new uke, I played a couple, they sound good too, happy strummings

The Godin came with a linear low-g string, I prefer reentrant high-G, so I was reading up on that today and found some mixed feedback. One post said they contacted Godin and was told the Multiuke is made for high-G, but another post from Andrew at HMS said he has set them up with low-g and it works fine. I decided to change the string and I'm very happy with the high-G sound.

Top Bottom