Gig Bag Question

thaidye39

Reaction score
I have a concert fluke ukulele with the newer TKL Gig Bag. I just signed up for lessons (first one next Sunday!) and live in Philadelphia. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a gig bag that would be comfortable to commute (by foot) to and from lessons with. I find the shoulder strap is too tight to use as cross body and the strap is sewn in so I can't just use a duffel bag strap.

I was thinking I'm probably going to have to pick up another gig bag, but wanted to ask for advice, first. I always prefer to use what I have.

Thank you.

I use Boston gig bags and I'm confident in recommending them. They have more padding than any other bag I've so far come by. Comfortable to carry, straps are fully adjustable. I found this one on Amazon.com but the heading doesn't match the description which clearly states that it is for a concert uke. I hope this helps.

My ukulele came with a gig bag, and I have been using it to carry the ukulele to the park. Park is about .5 mile from my house, and I walk there.

The strap on my bag is way too short to go across the body but perfect fit for slinging it over 1 shoulder. However, the bag also has a carry handle, which I find more convenient than the strap since I'm usually also carrying a backpack or water bottle (which also has a shoulder strap). The ukulele is so light that carrying it via bag handle isn't a problem.

I have a Phitz bag and can attest that it's a good quality bag at it's price point. However it's a tight (but comfortable) fit on my Kala concert uke. I'm not sure how a Fluke would fit.
BTW, Philly here as well :cool:

Last edited:
here's my heretical suggestion...

find a suitable tennis racket case, perhaps one that can fit a couple of rackets.
it might be comfortable enough for the trip, and you may be able to put the
uke in its gig bag into the case :)

PS I'd look in a thrift store for such an item :)

keep uke'in',

Last edited:
If you can afford $89, the Reunion Blues gig bag is very comfortable. It is well padded to give excellent protection for the ukulele, the handle is padded and super comfortable to hold, and the straps are also padded. The length of the straps would not be an issue for you. In fact I have the tenor case, and I find the straps to be just a bit too long.

The one negative is the exterior compartment is not big enough to hold my sheet music. But it will hold my small iPad. Here is the link to their website:
http://reunionblues.com/product/238/rbx-concert-ukulele-gig-bag

Top Bottom