cables

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
ok you performer guys and gals out there. im looking for some opinions on both instrument cables and XLR mic cables.

up till now ive been running just some cheapy cables to get through the day. i still have a bunch of extra cable, but it just gets on my nerves to have to re-solder connections or when they short in the middle of something. ill still use the ones i have until they just totally die on me... shouldnt take too long. but i do want to invest in some decent cable for myself at least.

im running an instrument cable into my DI then through an XLR into the mixer of the PA, and then i have my mic. so thats 2 XLR's and an instrument cable.

thinking about getting some of the s-100 series monster cables, purely because of the lifetime warranty. but i want to find out first, if the local guitar center will honor an over the counter trade off. just so i dont have to send the cable in to the factory whenever it shorts. and since the cable is completely sealed, i cant just repair it myself if i get tired of it. plus, who wants to pay for shipping everytime it happens.

on the other hand, im very good with tools. and ive even taken some crapped out cable that we've had for YEARS and been able to repair them to work just fine. so cheaper cables are still an option, but then sound quality comes into the picture.

so anyway, what do you use for performing? and how do you like them so far? and if its not too much trouble, please rate them:

brand:
price:
how often used:
value:
durability:
sound quality:

Top Bottom