Nice Cheap Koa Tenor- Diana DT 70

Ukemakinmecrazy

Reaction score
20160911_082539.jpg

20160911_082605.jpg

14735990839561525014530.jpg

Very nice for $58.00
Tuners are junk so I ordered a $15.99 set of Grover tuners for it. Very nice wood grain and sounds good. Very lightweight and resonant.
Ad said it was solid Hawaiian Koa. When I looked it up on Amazon it said solid Koa top and laminated sides. Either way it sounds much much nicer than a $58 Uke should and is a good looking uke too! Bonus!

Last edited:
Where are they sold? Where are they made? Congrats. Pretty low investment and putting Grover tuners on it was a good idea. What is the nut and saddle made out of?

They sell them on Amazon for $69, and on E-Bay too still I think. This one had a "make an offer" option, so I offered $58 and they accepted it. Shipping was about $20. I'm not sure about the nut and saddle material. I'll try to figure it out. Chinese made.

Last edited:
View attachment 94135

View attachment 94136

View attachment 94137

Very nice for $58.00
Tuners are junk so I ordered a $15.99 set of Grover tuners for it. Very nice wood grain and sounds good. Very lightweight and resonant.
Ad said it was solid Hawaiian Koa. When I looked it up on Amazon it said solid Koa top and laminated sides. Either way it sounds much much nicer than a $58 Uke should and is a good looking uke too! Bonus!

So now that you've had it a few days, what do you think of it? Also, how hard is it to replace the tuners? Do you have to change the strings at the same time? Or would you recommend upgrading the strings, too?

So now that you've had it a few days, what do you think of it? Also, how hard is it to replace the tuners? Do you have to change the strings at the same time? Or would you recommend upgrading the strings, too?
It came with basic Aquila strings. The replacement tuners aren't here yet, so I can't comment yet on the strings or how hard it is to replace the tuners. I will say though that Sweetwater.com had a nice set of Grover stay tite tuners for $15.99 shipping included.

I'll comment on the other items once the tuners arrive.

20160915_180843.jpg

20160915_180742.jpg

Tunerectomy complete. Seems to sound better. Crisper maybe? IDK could be all in my head. This thing is fun to play though. Haven't put it down much since I got it. Doesn't sound like my Pono of course, but it is way lighter.
Before photos:

20160915_161655.jpg

20160915_161125.jpg

Despite the visual similarities between the stock tuners and the Grovers, the hole the tuner peg goes through was smaller with the stock ones and the lower screw hole on the back on each tuner didn't match up. Luckily the old lower screw hole is covered by the new Grovers. I like the look and the fact that it will stay in tune much longer. These are the same tuners that came stock on my Pono.

Attachments

• 20160915_180850.jpg
    20160915_180850.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Nice job on the tuners ... curious to hear the sound ... who doesn't like a $58 USD Uke?

View attachment 94246

View attachment 94241

Tunerectomy complete. Seems to sound better. Crisper maybe? IDK could be all in my head. This thing is fun to play though. Haven't put it down much since I got it. Doesn't sound like my Pono of course, but it is way lighter.
Before photos:

View attachment 94243

View attachment 94244

Despite the visual similarities between the stock tuners and the Grovers, the hole the tuner peg goes through was smaller with the stock ones and the lower screw hole on the back on each tuner didn't match up. Luckily the old lower screw hole is covered by the new Grovers. I like the look and the fact that it will stay in tune much longer. These are the same tuners that came stock on my Pono.

You said the hole was smaller with the stock tuners, so did you have to drill out the hole to install the new tuners? If so, what size drill bit did you use?

You said the hole was smaller with the stock tuners, so did you have to drill out the hole to install the new tuners? If so, what size drill bit did you use?

Sorry got sidetracked. can't read any marking on the bit, but it measures about 8mm.

Just need to add that the "Christmas Story" lamp gave me a laugh as well. Glad you enjoy the uke!

Forgive the lame playing, I am still a noob. Only changes I made were changing the tuners to Grover "Stay-Tite" geared tuners, and I changed the strings to Living Waters Reentrant fluorocarbon.

So, what do you think? Not bad for a $58 uke eh?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/enhance?v=X-tOXQNqFUk[/video]

Forgive the lame playing, I am still a noob. Only changes I made were changing the tuners to Grover "Stay-Tite" geared tuners, and I changed the strings to Living Waters Reentrant fluorocarbon.

So, what do you think? Not bad for a $58 uke eh?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/enhance?v=X-tOXQNqFUk[/video]

I'm getting an error on this link.

Nice sounding ukulele. Mexceptional for price paid. Groverbtuner made it a really good, serious ukulele if intonation is good what a bargain. Congrats

Top Bottom