FS: KoAloha Red Label Mango Tenor w/ LR Bagg's 5.0

lnsrain

Reaction score
Hi all, I am selling this rare uke. I am sure you won't see a lot of them around these days.

I bought it from a reputable player from Taiwan, played it a few times, and bought another KoAloha, and another, and another......so decide to sell it to fund my trumpet, my brand new hobby.

I believe it is the first ever batch of Red Label made by KoAloha, when they got a batch of curly mango wood and decided to make a special line of ukuleles.

Okay so this amazing uke is not getting enough love from me, it is in 99% new condition and absolutely perfectly playing condition. Excellent intonation, very very good action, and very very good resonance.

The LR Bagg's 5.0 pickup is installed by my local and authorized tech. It functions perfectly without any problem. Recommend to use a DI to maximize the sound quality if you want to use the pickup.

I strung it with a low G set of PHD strings which I believe is the best strings for KoAloha ukes.

Please note that the uke sounds different than Koa ukes, they resonant differently and tend to be a little bit brighter and a little bit louder than their Koa ukes. Still very sweet and lovely sound.

I don't live in the US so the shipping cost is not included in the price.

Asking for USD1500, accept Paypal.

Please PM if interested.

21402236975056_749.jpg
21402236975056_949.jpg

Last edited:
Weekend bump~!!

Please PM / Email me for any questions and I am more than happy to discuss!

Any sound samples? Great looking Mango! Is the fretboard rosewood ?

Yes, the fretboard is rosewood.

About sound sample, I will try to make one in the near future. Anyway, I must say that this uke sounds really nice. Similar to their other ukes, the typical louder and more guitar like sound, and this one is even a little little bit brighter. I love this uke but it is not getting enough playing from me.

What a beautiful Uke. That would is amazing. Some one is going to have the prettiest girl at the dance. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks mate for the reply! This one is really pretty for sure, curly mango by KoAloha is rare as well!

Let me bump this post a little bit. Please do not hesitate to offer. Thanks!

Perhaps a sound sample may help you cause. Great looking ukulele but no idea what mango KoAloha build would sound like? Is the a unibrace KoAloha or braced differently because it's a Red Label? Curious.

I tried to record a sound sample with my smartphone but the outcome is definitely horrible. It was useless...If I have to describe the sound quality of this uke, I would say the sound quality is similar to other KoAloha tenor ukes, but it is brighter than their Koa ukes, with the A string is louder when compared the the A string of their Koa tenor. If you use Low G this would be a wonderful choice, without too boomy and with more sparkles.

The bracing is same as other tenors, unibrace. I have owned 3 KoAloha tenors (still have two).

Bump~!!

Top Bottom