WANTED: 5 String Tenor Ukulele for my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

King David

Reaction score
Closed. Thanks to UU for having some top dollar 5 strings but bigger thanks to the fine fellow from Flea Market Music for letting go of a Ohana 5 string from his collection of Ukes for a great price!

Last edited:
It seems in my limited research there are a few models in $300 -$400 range that appear to be hit or miss based on reviews. From there, it seems 1K is the starting point for the better ones. Hopefully you can find a nice used one.

Last edited:
Anyone on here have a 5 string they'd be willing to part with? Let's discuss the details, PM me or drop me a line here please & thanks!

I am really trying to keep all options open, minus spending an arm and a leg(keep it well under a grand and if spending upwards in that range it better include the price of a nice pickup/install). I've looked at the Kala 5 string, but I personally don't see the appeal of slotted headstocks and Kala has been known to have quality issues depending on which distributor you buy from. Oscar Schmidt has the Willie K 5 string but again, cheap laminate, mixed reviews tone wise, and the I'd rather install different electronics then the budget fishman pickup they cut a hole in the side of the uke to fit. The Ohana 5 string seems the best bet, but at ~$250 used it is still on the lower end of my budget and I'd like to spend more for something higher quality/better build. Let me know if you have anything that fits the bill, thanks

Last edited:
I have an all-walnut 5 string tenor by Rob Collins that I can't really play anymore as my hands are getting weaker :(

I have an all-walnut 5 string tenor by Rob Collins that I can't really play anymore as my hands are getting weaker :(

Sorry to hear about your health, sent you a PM though but dont know if you received it. Could you PM me please about that? Thanks!

Bump, getting some nice 600$+ offers but again don't feel comfortable spending that much with my budget(may I note I will also be factoring in an additional couple hundred $$ on getting a Baggs pickup/install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom