NUD: Snail UKC 498EQ

orangeena

Reaction score
Snail%20UKC%20498EQ_zps7fas3qlh.jpg

I spent a merry Saturday afternoon at the excellent Southern Ukulele Store choosing my birthday present. After playing through the entire range of Kala sops and concerts at Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach FLA whilst on holiday I pretty much had my heart set on either their KA-CGE or KA-CE, but stuck a few more on my "try-it" list for when I went down to Bournemouth. As soon as I saw the Snail in the flesh I was somewhat smitten as I am a sucker for a bit of binding and the rosewood offsets it beautifully. All three ukes (and the KA-CEME and Brunswick BU 4CE) I tried had their merits (although the Brunswicks internal pre-amp was a bit of a screamer) but the pureness of the tone both with and without amplification finally convinced me to go with the Snail. I was delighted to then discover it came with a nicely branded soft carry case. Bonus! I have had to wait all weekend until my birthday today to have a proper go, but I am delighted so far. Can't wait to take it along to the Reading Ukulele Group on Wednesday to show it off.

Well......HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a fine birthday it will be with that beautiful new ukulele. That will show off very well to your ukulele group and you will get many compliments. That is very good that it sounds pure acoustically and amplified, something over looked by many. Enjoy your birthday and birthday present, play it in good health for many years to come.

Last edited:
glad you had a good day :D

its very pretty - I like a nice bit of binding myself

Enjoying my birthday present and the unseasonably warm (31 degree) September weather, the hottest in nearly 50 years for the south of England.

Happy birthday, and congrats to your new ukulele! I'm envious of people who have the discipline to hold off with their ukulele purchases until there is a special occasion! :)

It's oppressively hot and humid "down here" in Germany, too. Way too warm for the middle of September with over 30C right now (86F+).

Its insanely hot here - as its only set for a couple of days I kind of like it - just a last little burst of summer :cool:

Happy New Ukebirthday! I'd love to see more pics of it, if you ever put it down long enough....

Top Bottom