Tiny Tangi Ukulele

eculuke

Reaction score
Anybody have one the tiny tangi 10 inch uke they would be willing to part with. My bridge broke on mine (Use to have 2 but sold one). PM me if you can help.

Thanks
Luke

Why don't you just fix the one ya got? Post some pictures of the damage, if I can help in anyway I will.

Why don't you just fix the one ya got? Post some pictures of the damage, if I can help in anyway I will.

The slot that held the saddle split. I don't have the missing piece or the saddle. you think it can be fixed?

IMG_1180.jpg

certainly. You can make a new bridge and install it. I used to make mini ukes that the ones that got one like them better than the Tangi. I used ebony for a bridge,and bone for the nut and saddle. I might have a couple bridges already made laying around, or at least a blank. I'd have to look.

Believe me....if I could make one....I would! This has been sitting on a shelf. I was going to ask if you still made aphids or lady bugs? I would have to have somebody with more experience to fix it.

Here in mine (Aphid) in comparison to the Tangi.

aphidtangi1.jpg

Attachments

• aphidtangi1.jpg
    aphidtangi1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 12
I would be willing to take a closer look at it, and repair it, but it would mean mailing it. I believe I still have some ebony if I don't have one already made (bridge). Might have to refinish the top also. Sand it clean and refinish to be sure it holds though.

Man. making me go through my old Aphid project box is inspiring me to play with these again.. lol.. Found a couple that was in work when I had my stroke. That is when I stopped making them, and never got back to them. Here is an all maple one (the only full maple one I did/doing), and another all mahogany one. After I get back from our Texas trip I might finish these two up.

20160913_142705.jpg

Oh so fixable :) If Tudorp would like to help, go for it! I hope you do get to finish up those others too Tudorp. Remember a long time ago I'd asked you for help figuring out fret positions for a ceramic uke I've made......still haven't done a thing with it! I want to but time and mostly energy are not with me on this one :)

Yes, I remember. I think I am going to work on finishing those two when I get back from my Texas trip. I wanted to do that maple one, which I would probably keep. But the Mahogany one, I may finish it to sell. The one I posted the picture on on the previous page was my very first one. If I sold that one, my bride and kids would shoot me because it is the one that they all want after I am gone from this world.. lol. I still need to make a concert though also for my oldest son. I gave him my Ohana awhile back because he wanted to learn, and play with my two grand daughters in Washington, but has been bugging me because he wants one that I actually built. So, might need to work on that soon too. I found this old picture of the two models I was doing then. The "Aphid"(Traditional) and the "Ladybug"(Pineapple). This thread is making me want to do some more of them for sure.
P1050537.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if you do ever make any more put me on the list. My fave is the pineapple shape. I actually don't have one of those, amazing but true, lol!

Top Bottom