Lanikai LB6-S Openback Soprano Banjolele closeout @ Musician's Friend

Voxshades

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along a pretty good deal going on @ Musician's Friend on a little Lanikai banjolele. They have them marked down to $59.99 for a limited time today.

I am not affiliated with Musician's Friend or any associated companies. I just thought for that price it might be worth taking a chance.

If this type of post is not allowed in the forum, I apologize to the moderators. Feel free to move it or delete it as needed.

Enjoy!

Dammit! I bought one from MF a couple weeks ago when they cut the price to $99. Didn't think it would go lower.

This same basic banjolele is sold under Recording King, Eddy Finn, Rally, and a bunch of other brand names. Needs a little bit of tweaking, but banjolele set-up is easy (as long as the frets aren't wonky).

(I know I've publicly sworn off banjoleles on this very forum on at least a couple occasions. But apparently I have a sickness.)

FWIW, this should probably be moved to "Buying tips".

(I know I've publicly sworn off banjoleles on this very forum on at least a couple occasions. But apparently I have a sickness.)

Both you and I! I have become reluctant to state definite preferences when it comes to ukuleles. Moods and desires change, experiences and lessons learned shape us, and really, it's good to try out new and different things! Being fickle and having fun is probably better than being dogmatic and boring! ;)

Hey river_driver , If it's only been a couple weeks they might refund you the difference. I bought a Gibson bass from them over a year ago. The price was great, but two weeks later the price dropped another $100. So, I called them & they informed me, there is a 30 or 45 day (sorry can't remember exactly) price match guarantee ...and they refunded the difference.

Last edited:
Dammit! I bought one from MF a couple weeks ago when they cut the price to $99. Didn't think it would go lower.

This same basic banjolele is sold under Recording King, Eddy Finn, Rally, and a bunch of other brand names. Needs a little bit of tweaking, but banjolele set-up is easy (as long as the frets aren't wonky).

FWIW, this should probably be moved to "Buying tips".

Both you and I! I have become reluctant to state definite preferences when it comes to ukuleles. Moods and desires change, experiences and lessons learned shape us, and really, it's good to try out new and different things! Being fickle and having fun is probably better than being dogmatic and boring! ;)

I have a similar eh, em...problem. I've played guitar for decades, but I go through phases with ukulele, bass and more recently mandolin. Playing a ukulele has transformed my guitar playing. I used to only use a pick, but because of the uke I tend to play guitar fingerstyle more often. Like you said it's good to try new things.

Thanks Voxshades! Just got off the phone with them...no fuss whatsoever, they refunded me the $40 difference. I'm a happy boy!

For anyone interested, the fellow I talked to at MF informed me they are blowing the last of them out of the warehouse at this price - better grab one quick if you want one!

An almost "must have" price. I tried a soprano banjo uke a little while ago and couldn't cozy up to it's small size. I'm good with my concert size though.

For that price, wow, couldn't resist... so much for my lengthy stretch of successfully fighting off UAS. ;-)

Just like a few others, couldn't resist! I have a friend with one of these, he's going to be really upset IF I tell him what I paid. His is really a sweet little banjolele!

thanks, Vox!

lol...sorry to help you guys spend some of your hard earned cash...UAS is a real thing.

I ended up buying a pair. One for my girlfriend & one for myself. Hopefully these work out.

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal. Couldn't resist it, and one's coming tomorrow. As a soprano, it may make a good suitcase traveler.

Excellent...that's quick shipping.

I'm not sure what the scale length is on these but with 18 frets would these be considered long neck sopranos?

Excellent...that's quick shipping.

I'm not sure what the scale length is on these but with 18 frets would these be considered long neck sopranos?

I have the Kala soprano banjo uke that's pretty much the exact same instrument and the scale length on it is 13".

I just ordered one to setup for 5ths tuning.

ooh...I might have to try 5ths tuning on a uke, like a mandolin. Does this require a different string set? Since we have two coming that could be pretty cool to have them tuned differently...great idea on your part!

and thanks for the scale length info as well.

I have the Kala soprano banjo uke that's pretty much the exact same instrument and the scale length on it is 13".

I just ordered one to setup for 5ths tuning.

Just what I plan to do. CGDA. The only question is whether I may have to go C4 instead of C3 based on available strings.

I have pretty much no use for this, but I'm still tempted lol...

Ugh, at this price, it's practically just BEGGING me to buy it. Such a good deal.

I have pretty much no use for this, but I'm still tempted lol...

I have at least 15 banjo ukes and I also have no use for it but it's too good a price to pass up. Even if you don't use it I bet you could trade it in to Guitar Center and get at least $90 for it. They have it on their website for $350.

Top Bottom