Kala KA-SMHGC Concert Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For sale: Kala KA-SMHGC concert uke.
OK, try again - my dog knocked it off the coffee table today while I was taking photos for sale. Ugh.
I had this one set up by a luthier here in St. Paul. Really nice woody ringing sound on this solid mahogany instrument. Great look: satin finish - I think Kala mislabeled the 'G' on these hence the short production run on this model, but with it's black and white and golden tortoise binding and open geared chrome Grover tuners, to me this one looks a cut above the current KA-SMHC.
Due to today's mishap, it has a very small bunged corner on the headstock (price reduced). It's more like a rough dented in corner - I don't see open wood.
Near new otherwise: the only other imperfections I can find are the faintest fingernail marks (seen only inches away in bright light), and a spot of excess glue on internal kerfing from manufacture.
$145 includes a used canvas/foam hard case and CONUS shipping ($120 local pickup).
Prices firm for now (don't ask), I will reduce in a week if it doesn't sell.
The photos with the ** dog document that corner, I have three more that aren't taking, will try to add those to a reply.
KA.SMHGC body.jpgKA.SMHGC binding.jpgKA.SMHGC uke.jpgKA.SMHGC neck.jpgbung corner pic 1.jpg

Here are the four photos of that headstock corner. It's so small it's really hard to get a close up with the cell phone.

bung corner pic 1.jpgbung corner pic 2.jpgbung corner pic 3.jpgbung corner pic 4.jpg

This is one hell of a deal, ding or no ding. Someone is going to pay that much for a piece of crap instead of this solid mahogany uke with character and that sounds really good.

SOLD! Enjoy, Jen!
Thx for your vote of confidence, Phil. It was a great uke for the money. And purty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom