Uke Board

UkeInTW

Reaction score
Not really talk about ukulele, but related to the uke. Saw that Pepe Romero and Daniel Ho collaborated on a uke inspired skateboard made by Sector9, called the Uke Board. Guess it is smaller than most skateboards, so that part is in line with the ukulele concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0s4AJnvx3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EA3ZlXXrXY

I am not a skateboarder, but interesting bringing these 2 things together. Wonder how this came about.

I believe Daniel is a big skateboarder. Perhaps Pepe is, too.

I saw Daniel in concert tonight with the Romeros. He talked briefly about their various collaborations and is really proud of the board. It seems sized between a penny board and regular board. It is extremely well made with excellent quality wheels. They had one on display and were selling them. $169.

Ah, I did not know Daniel was into skateboards. Wish them luck on their new biz venture. I have seen Daniel in concert a couple of times and enjoyed them. Nice guy. Hope you enjoyed his concert with the Pepes,

Cole Clark once made a skateboard for Ben Harper, with a functional lap steel guitar in it.

Oh, and I have here a French made Uke Board, that is actually a ukulele stand. I think they're discontinued though, the domain name seems to have passed on.

:shaka: Hang Loose Bro!

Hope it has a koa top... er, I mean deck :)

yeah, I'll take mine in koa...:shaka:

here's my soprano size board I built in Jr. High, about 50 years ago...Ash and Walnut, Chicago trucks, all USA made.
board.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the "deets" as shared by Jason Arimoto of U-Space (and a member here):
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 24 inches long, designed to travel easy.
- Trick board wheelbase.
- Tail kick and nose kick
- Tapered sides for turning.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Sector 9 wheels with ABEC 5 bearings, quiet and smooth on all surfaces.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Simple brush stroke graphics, featuring maple wood grain.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
This limited edition (only 100 made) was hand built by Sector 9, a top-brand skateboard company, in San Diego, CA.
[/FONT]

Retail price: $169, available exclusively at U-SPACE for a limited time!

There's the solid vs laminate question too. Personally I like laminate decks.

Top Bottom