Strap hardware for case

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I want to add a shoulder strap on my UL4 case. I'm having a heck of a time finding the hardware to add the strap clips on the case itself.

I've contacted HMS and Andrew said he'd find a couple but knowing how busy he is, he may have forgot. I've also gone on the internet and various suppliers to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find a set?

Is there something particular that you are looking for? ACE hardware? I've bought straps, hooks, and all types of hardware to make things at ACE True Value hardware. If you are looking to rig something up, that's where I would go.

Case Hardware

Ohio Travel Bag has the largest assortment of luggage hardware and other stuff in the USA. I do not know if they sell to individuals.

Do you want double or a single strap? How wide? Do you want them permanently mounted or removeable? What colour do you want them? Are you heart set on metal hardware, or would you consider nylon? I use nylon on all of own personal stuff.

I have been custom making things for 35 years, and would gladly help you to be able to do it yourself. It will be something you will be proud to say, "I did it".

Bill Thompson dba TheCraftedCow
thecraftedcow@comcast.net gets read more than commo through U/U

Back when I used an Ameritage case, my spouse added some D rings to it - screwed them into each end with rubber screw caps on the inside of the case. I then just attached a heavy duty luggage strap to each end and voila, was able to use a shoulder strap with it. It isn't perfect, but worked perfectly well for me.

Ukulele Tonya's blog shows how she did it. http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/2007/04/improving-the-gator-case

Top Bottom