Help needed changing pick up batt....omg did i really just type that?

unplaned

Reaction score
Hi all, I thinking this is going to be a really dumb question, how the hell do i change the battery in my tenor ukes pick up...so far i took the strings off the pegs, took the old battery out , then i spent about an hour and a half trying to get the battery to locate on its corresponding tab, mounting the battery in its clip is no prob, but then clipping the tab on is impossible. am I supposed to unscrew the panel on the uke body? I decided `i'm not going to do anything until I ask the forum members for their words of wisdom, so if any one can help ??> ;) Thanks all Paul

Hi all, I thinking this is going to be a really dumb question, how the hell do i change the battery in my tenor ukes pick up...so far i took the strings off the pegs, took the old battery out , then i spent about an hour and a half trying to get the battery to locate on its corresponding tab, mounting the battery in its clip is no prob, but then clipping the tab on is impossible. am I supposed to unscrew the panel on the uke body? I decided `i'm not going to do anything until I ask the forum members for their words of wisdom, so if any one can help ??> ;) Thanks all Paul
yeah just unscrew it from the body. that way you dont have to reinstall and re stretch your strings either. and make sure you use a screwdriver and elbow grease ONLY. no power tools. you get one chance at it. so "good n tight" should be in your mind while reinstalling the control panel. you dont wanna strip it.

Thanks Nuke. as always advice was spot on. :) How's Hospital life treating you? I just got back from 5 weeks of anatomy course and exams so my head feels like its going to burst... A little uke here and there will get me back on track ! all the best mate, Paul

Top Bottom