Compass Rose Luxo Tenor (Redwood & Cocobolo wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsk90

Reaction score
Up for sale a Compass Rose Luxo Tenor with Stanford Redwood Fence Top and Beautiful Cocobolo back & sides.

Purchased this from Gryphon String 3-4 years ago. I believe I paid around $2,200 for the new Uke.

Note that the Uke is cosmetically near perfect (except a repair, will get to this soon) as it has been sitting in my office and I play it when I'm stressed out here and there. No strum marks, near perfect condition. Will be moving to a different office and will be losing the office, so this one needs a place to sit.

Now the repair, the first week I received this Uke, a pillow with a metal coin thingy hit the Uke. Uke was professionally repaired at Gryphon Strings by the best repairman alive Frank Ford (MR Frets.Com), so the repair job is near perfect.

I'm captured a nice photo that shows the repair marks.

Asking price $1,200 shipped CONUS.IMG_0085.jpgIMG_0085_1.jpgIMG_0086.jpgIMG_0087.jpgIMG_0088.jpg

second screenshot with the red highlight shows the repair. Couple more images.IMG_0089.jpgIMG_0090.jpg

also, the thing I like most about this Uke is the sound. If you are into a deep sound (guitarish sound), then this the Low-G Uke for you.

Honestly, it doesn't sound as good High-G for some reason. If you are seriously interested and want to hear the sound, let me know. I will post a sound sample with my wife's phone that can hopefully capture the sound.

It's a beautiful uke, and CRs are the bomb! Just curious - what's the serial number? (You should be able to find it carved into the top sides of the headstock.) Thanks!

Hi MDS725, The Serial # is 13355. If you can get over the repair mark, this is great Uke at a great price.

Sounds REALLY GOOD!

This is a beautiful uke! Stanford Redwood Fence top? What's the story there? Old fence from Stanford U?

This is a beautiful uke! Stanford Redwood Fence top? What's the story there? Old fence from Stanford U?

Yup, old fence from Stanford that was salavaged when the fences were broken down. Nothing better then old dry wood.

This one has beautiful grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom