Well Worth the Wait for My Beansprout

Luke El U

Reaction score
After more than a year, it has finally arrived, even after a tense, uncertain wait at Chinese customs. (In China, it's green light for export, but yellow or red for import).

I love this instrument. It's even more beautiful than I imagined, both in appearance and tone. For a long time, I had only a very cheap Chinese knock-off of a Goldtone soprano banjo uke, dreaming of a high-quality professional tenor banjo uke.

Thank you Mya-Moe for making my dream come true. IMO, This instrument is perfect for the Briggs and Celtic books by Rob MacKillop, the Bluegrass Ukulele book by Fred Sokolow and the Clawhammer Ukulele book by Aaron Keim (which I plan to order soon)Beansprout2024.jpg

Congratulations, that's a fine banjo uke. Hope you find a special strap for it. I usually describe beansprouts as being "built like bank vaults"

They are fine instruments, no doubt about that.

I did a search for Keim here and found this old thread. I played beside a guy this past weekend who was playing one of these - I want one!

Congratulations ... I hope you have MANY, MANY hours of enjoyment together.

Patience pays off. Congratulations!

Congratulations, they are a great instrument that I'm sure you will enjoy immensely.

After more than a year, it has finally arrived, even after a tense, uncertain wait at Chinese customs. (In China, it's green light for export, but yellow or red for import).

I love this instrument. It's even more beautiful than I imagined, both in appearance and tone. For a long time, I had only a very cheap Chinese knock-off of a Goldtone soprano banjo uke, dreaming of a high-quality professional tenor banjo uke.

Thank you Mya-Moe for making my dream come true. IMO, This instrument is perfect for the Briggs and Celtic books by Rob MacKillop, the Bluegrass Ukulele book by Fred Sokolow and the Clawhammer Ukulele book by Aaron Keim (which I plan to order soon)

View attachment 94489

Very nice. I also have a tip when posting images (which I seem to be suggesting often lately), before you add the image, be sure to add a couple of carriage so the paragraph does not break up (like I did in the quote).

Beansprouts and Mya-Moe are wonderful instruments. A far step above the average that gets discussed here.

Congrats! It looks really nice. The smoky looking head is very cool.

Top Bottom