Custom sound port
Ebony faceplate with MOP inlayed logo
Ebony bridge and fingerboard
Fret markers in MOP
Side markers MOP
Bone nut and saddle
Slot head
Sound hole

Hello, This is a flagship model for luthier John S Kinnard done in Spruce and Walnut. I acquired it about 2 weeks ago as the second owner. The condition is mint and I installed new Aquila nylagut strings on it when it arrived. The only reason I'm selling is to recover some funds from a recent purchase of another. This build with these features brand new would run $3600, not unreasonable considering it's a full custom made by a master luthier.

I am asking exactly what I paid which is $2360 net to me, as a little bonus I will include a new set of Worth strings (low g), which makes 2 sets, and a brand new Kinnard Ukes t-shirt. As far as shipping goes, I will split fees for USPS Priority Mail with insurance. I just sent a Kamaka to Hawaii (weird right?) and it came to $80 with $1000 insurance. I have tons of positive feedback and my packaging has never let me down. Below is a review of this actual Ukulele done by a gentleman with more skill than myself. Its strung with low g for this review. Comes with an O'ahu hardshell case as well.

https://vimeo.com/126596835

If you have any question or would like a pic of any particular area, don't be afraid to ask. I can email large, clear photos. You can pm or call me @ (816)872-7973 Thanks -eric

Last edited:
More pictures

Here are a couple more, excuse the wrinkled background please.

Last edited:
I have a Kinnard tenor guitar. John builds beautiful instruments that sound wonderful. Based on the photos and video, this lovely tenor ukulele is no exception. Good luck with your sale!

Last edited:
As @Subfanatic mentioned, he only recently acquired this. I was looking at it myself and corresponded with the original owner who confirmed it is in absolutely mint condition. I actually acquired another one of his ukes (he was selling ukes to fund GAS) but wanted to mention independently that point about it being in absolutely mint condition.

No secret I'm a bonafide Kinnard fan and this is a chance to acquire a highly appointed Series 3 for about 2/3 of the as-new cost. Had I not been on a buying spree recently with more customs coming, I would jump on this myself. So, somebody grab this before I convince myself that since I'm already going to be selling a number of ukes in the next few months, why not sell one more and make room for this.

Kinnards are among the best of the best, the rare air of ukuleles. I already miss mine. Good luck with the sale...........someone will be very happy.

Come on guys stop it..........I can only take so much of this before I loose all will power. Eddie and Steve.....you guys are evil :p

It never occurred to me that I would want to release my hold on my Kinnard all walnut tenor.

But this one would do that to me.:eek: The spruce top and series 3 appointments.....I would finance the difference, but since he wants to sell.....whew, I'm saved.!! ; )

As a Kinnard owner and lover, I say if you are watching and considering this uke, you won't regret its purchase.

It sure looks fantastic.

I'm surprised this is still here! I expected it to be grabbed instantly. I'm not in the market for any tenors right now, but if I was, I'd be doing what I could to grab this one. Someone is going to get an amazing ukulele at a great price.

I'm surprised this is still here! I expected it to be grabbed instantly. I'm not in the market for any tenors right now, but if I was, I'd be doing what I could to grab this one. Someone is going to get an amazing ukulele at a great price.

As nice as it is and looks, price may have something to do with it :) not that it is over priced, but rather; not everyone has that kind of scratch laying around.

As nice as it is and looks, price may have something to do with it :) not that it is over priced, but rather; not everyone has that kind of scratch laying around.

Absolutely true, but many of us could sell something else or do without something else if this was on our wish list. Not true for everyone, of course.

I'm selling this to fund another, I cannot afford to have both. That's just the way it is. I'm actually selling a lot of items non ukulele related to pay for the other. It'll all work out (I'm hoping) I just want everyone to know I feel this price is fair and believe me I'll still take a hit after shipping and other fees involved. I just want to come as close as I can to breaking even.

Come on guys stop it..........I can only take so much of this before I loose all will power. Eddie and Steve.....you guys are evil :p

We're just trying to help you over the fence! ;-)

Seriously, Kinnard is in rare territory in terms of tone, playability, aesthetics and attention to detail. I've seen, owned, and own some instruments from builders who do one or two of these but the list of builders who excel at all four is very short, in my opinion. And the number of "known" builders with good tone but who don't take as much care in executing details is shockingly long. Lines that don't match up, imperfect finishes, glue visible inside, etc. Take a magnifying glass to a Kinnard. They are sooo clean inside and out. Do the details matter? To some, no. But to me, if you're buying a $2k+ instrument, it matters. Most people wouldn't be happy if the body panels on their nice car didn't quite match up.

Look at that headstock. Most slotted headstocks look so chunky/out of proportion to me. This is sleek and sexy.

At this price, the downside risk is pretty low.

Last edited:
What Eddie said.

I recently had the opportunity to examine some Kinnard instruments at my leisure. They are truly of the first rank for all the reasons that he gives. Somebody will be very pleased when this one shows up on a NUD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom