Switching to gotoh on open headstock

Blackdog131

Reaction score
I'm playing a Kanile'a KSE-T premium Uke. I'm not a fan of the stock brass tuners and want to switch them out for the Gotoh tuners.
I'm just abit confused by the specs. Does anyone on here know the set i would need, or better yet any expierence in switching them out, retailers and anything else i should know before attempting it.
Thnaks guys and gals

George

I would check the dimensions on the spec sheets of your current tuners and the tuner you wish to use.
Before you buy, verify the new ones will fit. check barrel length and diameter, mount hole locations, mounting plate length and width.

Schertler, Waverly, Robson, and Rubner make nice ones.

Last edited:
I'm playing a Kanile'a KSE-T premium Uke. I'm not a fan of the stock brass tuners and want to switch them out for the Gotoh tuners.
I'm just abit confused by the specs. Does anyone on here know the set i would need, or better yet any expierence in switching them out, retailers and anything else i should know before attempting it.
Thnaks guys and gals

George

By "OPEN" headstock do you mean "SLOTTED" headstock?

Also, Gotoh has over a dozen different models of tuners, and about 4 of them are for ukulele, which tuners are you specifically looking at? (got a link?)

Otherwise, I'd go with what Doc_J said :)

You could also go to PEGHEDS for the lightest 4;1 tuners with the look of an old style traditional wooden peg. There is also a new model made of chrome plated aviation grade aluminum with ivoroid grips. The new ones come in 8-9-10 mm diametre. On an Oscar Schmidt OU250 copy of the Lyon and Healy Bell, the 10 mm still needs to be shimmed in the hole.

Top Bottom