Sir Paul McCartney rockin a uke

smgold101

Reaction score
That was an interesting read, thanks. I've heard about him doing Something on his George Harrison uke before, apparently he sometimes does it George Formby style but I guess for you Americans he might be thinking you wouldn't understand that.
But the thing that really got me was that McCartney, Leonard Cohen and Morrissey all played on the same day. Cripes, is that a dream line up or what! How on earth did they choose which one was to headline? They must have drawn straws or something. If I were to choose my top 5 acts they would all be in there, the other two being Nanci Griffith and Francis Dunnery. (But then on another day my top 5 are likely to be The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Rezillos, Buzzcocks and UK Subs).
Thanks again,
Ian.

Loved it. Thanks for the vid!!! I wonder how much that uke would cost if he sold it. tens of thousands.

George Harrison is why I began playing guitar in 1964. Always my favorite. I sure play a lot of his tunes. The concert for George should be required viewing. Funny how the that concert's version of Joe Brown's uke part in 'See you in my Dreams' has become a uke standard. I play it, too.

I think it's a Gibson tenor that he plays in the Concert for George clip

heard one lick of that guitar, and i knew who it was already.

Found a video of Paul playing playing something on UKE
with a surprise guest half way through.

Loved the video. Can you imagine how long it took the techs to tune up all those strings? I couldn't count how many....uke, multiple guitars, basses, violins, etc, etc.

Of course, with all those instruments playing at once, who'd notice one a bit off tune? ;)

according to Paul McCartney himself, he plays a Gibson brand ukulele that George Harrison gave him. he stated this before playing "Something" during his MGM concert in las Vegas, 2011.

a clip where he can be heard saying this is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67YvcJrp2L0

however, Paul has at least one other uke, because during some videos you can see that its not the Gibson uke George gave him. He used a uke to record during the "Ram" album, so he must have another one.

Top Bottom