Kinda proud of myself....

weeshan

Reaction score
I've only been playing for a couple of months at the very most but the action on my soprano walnut Kala was a bit high for me (I seriously have 10 year year old sized hands). Higher than that of my Outdoor Uke and my old couch beater uke. So I followed a tutorial I found online and made adjustments at the bridge/saddle end. I needed it dropped a little more than 1mm so I doubled that based on the 12th fret measurement. I just marked a line on the bottom edge of the saddle and hand sanded it on a piece of sandpaper tacked to a board. I just finished and it turned out perfect. Not bad for a noob! lol I figured worst case scenario, I'd be ordering a part to replace the messed up one.

Anyone outside the uke world gets tired of my constant babbling about my new obsession so I thought I would share here.

Thanks for reading!

Shannon

Good for you Shannon!

You should be proud of yourself for learning to DIY this little bit of uke maintenance...

...kind of like checking the oil in your car, and adding some if needed, without needing to call a mechanic. :)

WTG Shannon! Not bad for a newbie!
Pay no attention to them non ukers. They know not from where they come. Come here and tell all, we all hang on each other's words.

Awesome Shannon! Good job! I did this on my first Kala travel tenor (funny that you had a Kala too). And thus why I buy from good sellers nowadays. It makes a world of difference though!

Top Bottom