Head Count

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
Head Count after the weekend ... including wall hangers ... 17 ... it's got bad again.

In the first year I played uke a little over three years ago, I went through 16, settled on 4 but now I'm up to 6, and adding bass uke a couple years ago, I'm up to 10. I have no qualms about having UAS.

Yeah, that's about how many I have. Shopping for them is so damned much fun, especially when you find an amazing "bargain"

I recently married, so I guess I will need to stay at three...
Or perhaps 4... Or sell one to make room for a new one...

I have 3 in my house now, but 2 more on the way. I've hit the allowable limit according to the wife.

I've got 15 and counting, but nothing "planned" until next year, famous last words. Yes I am married, 34 years as of 2 days ago. My wife is supportive of my hobby. I don't smoke, drink, gamble, no boats, snowmobiles, ATVs or hotrods. What I have invested in ukes would not buy a decent used Ranger bass boat so I consider this a cheap hobby compared to the other stuff I listed ;)w

Last edited:
Hello
I used to be a sensible human being until I met this guy above me in this posting.
He infected me with his UAS virus. He enable my bad habit. So.... Be careful who you make friends with.
I sold some and gain some to keep my collection in a sensible count!
Happy anniversary ! You do have a good woman on your side!

Last edited:
Nine, gulp, in hand, plus a vintage 2K arriving this week. Several others in various stages of development.

Will be selling a few shortly to make room for the incoming.

I plan to keep an open "slot" for a really special Hawaiian uke that I hope to fill in the next year or so. Just seems "wrong" to not have one in the mix.

Nine, gulp, in hand, plus a vintage 2K arriving this week.

Were you the lucky one to make off with the recent eBay auction for a SWEET 1920s 2K? Either way, I would love to hear your thoughts compared to the Laughlin 2K.

Back to the OP's original question... I am currently at 14, but will be thinning out my sopranos (and maybe a concert or two). The above mentioned Laughlin 2K is perfect and I haven't picked up any other soprano since.

Last edited:
12 now, with 3 recently out the door. One for sale, one custom on order. 5 or 6 onto the Marketplace in the next couple of months. The beat goes on........................

Were you the lucky one to make off with the recent eBay auction for a SWEET 1920s 2K? Either way, I would love to hear your thoughts compared to the Laughlin 2K.

Back to the OP's original question... I am currently at 14, but will be thinning out my sopranos (and maybe a concert or two). The above mentioned Laughlin 2K is perfect and I haven't picked up any other soprano since.

Yes, I must confess, it was me. Was really surprised to get it. I literally did not bid until inside the last minute and bid exactly one increment above the then-winning price. I expect to be fully disappointed when it arrives, so hopefully the reverse will happen. ;-) I am concerned about the fretboard wear as it looked bad on the pics. We'll see...

I'm so happy you're thrilled with the Laughlin 2K. I really regretted selling it. It's not surprise these statements are highly correlated. ;-). I have been eyeing a Laughlin 5K that Elderly has. I had the opportunity to buy that very uke for $2K earlier this year and passed as I was nervous since I had never even seen a Laughlin and was interested based on reputation alone. It's what prompted me to later find the 2K you now enjoy. I can't (yet) stomach paying an extra $800-$1K over what I coulda/shoulda bought that same 5K for a few months ago.

Last edited:
Yes, I must confess, it was me. Was really surprised to get it. I literally did not bid until inside the last minute and bid exactly one increment above the then-winning price. I expect to be fully disappointed when it arrives, so hopefully the reverse will happen. ;-) I am concerned about the fretboard wear as it looked bad on the pics. We'll see...

I'm so happy you're thrilled with the Laughlin 2K. I really regretted selling it and it's not surprise these statements are highly correlated. ;-). I have been eyeing a Laughlin 5K that Elderly has. I had the opportunity to buy that very uke for $2K earlier this year and passed as I was nervous since I had never even seen a Laughlin and was interested based on reputation alone. It's what prompted me to later find the 2K you now enjoy. I can't (yet) stomach paying an extra $800-$1K over what I coulda/shoulda bought that same 5K for a few months ago.

Congrats! I saw the wear as well, but IMHO, for a 20s Martin it looks in very nice shape! I really hope it works out for you! Drop me an email/PM after you get it. I would really like to know what you think.

I am at 7. That seems to be a good number for me. 2 sopranos, 3 tenor, 1 baritone and 1 banjolele. I'd like to have a baritone in low and high G someday and perhaps a concert, but I'd like to think I am at a "if one comes in, one goes out" stage. That answer might change when I have more money...

Good luck with the new/old Martin...

Not at home right now (in an Indian restaurant) but I think I have 12!

Petey

Top Bottom