I Have Sunk To A New Low

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
In my need to feed my UAS addiction I have sunk to a new low as far as impulse buying. Meet my newest acquisition.

Da Coconut Shell Ukulele
yhst-12866521576591_2045_147873574.jpg

Time for intervention? :confused:
At least it was only $6.77, if it sounds crappy I can use it for a flyswatter.
If I cross with one of my pineapples do I get a Pina Colada? :rolleyes:

Strange coincidence! They had coconuts at the farmers market today, and I actually did think right then, I wonder if you could make a uke out of a coconut. But they were just a dollar! You totally got ripped off!

It's very reassuring to know that, should I ever decide to make [insert tropical fruit] ukuleles, there are people there to buy 'em up. ;)

Where'd you get it? I saw some in a catalog not long ago. I think they are pretty funny. Does it play?

You know I've seen those on e-bay and wondered why they don't have one of them using those Coconut Monkey's that tourists/collector's buy... you know kill 2 birds....

If it sounds like rubbish, just throw Aquila strings on it. Aquilas make everything sound better. (Not really, but they work wonders on cheap ukes.)

All I can say is:

:eek:

That's all.

as soon as I get a job my UAS will be answered. and perhaps I will hold a few contests too. :D deach has inspired me.

i've seen that uke before...

Aloha Ahnko Honu,

You know, I've seen many of those around at the Swap Meet here on Oahu....I've always thought they look pretty cool but they're not much for sound (or intonation) that's for sure.....

cool addition to the herd though,
shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Probably just going to hang from one of my glass fishing floats for decoration, maybe give to my niece from Mainland when she comes to visit in June. Never really intended as a player in the first place. ;)
250px-Large_Glass_Fishing_Float_with_Net_1.JPG

WOW, is there a Mickey Mouse ukulele owner's social group on UU yet?
Maybe just a novelty ukulele owners group. ;)

Top Bottom