WTB Tenor guitar..

busdriver61

Reaction score
I'm looking for a tenor guitar. Preferably acoustic, it can have installed electronics. $200-300 range. Let me know what you've got. Looking to try a tenor. Thanks

I'm looking for a tenor guitar. Preferably acoustic, it can have installed electronics. $200-300 range. Let me know what you've got. Looking to try a tenor. Thanks

In this price range, I would have two recommendations: the Ibanez AVT1, with the solid spruce top at $299, and the Harley Benton tenor guitar from Thomann. I used to own an Ibanez and was very happy with it, especially with a set of Martin Retro strings (11s). If I were buying another guitar, I would probably buy the Harley Benton, as the reviews are superlative, the brand has good quality control and the price is good. Are you in the US or the UK? If in the UK, there is a lovely Tonewood all solid mahogany tenor for sale on Gumtree.

You might want to check out the 'Ibanez Performance PFT2-NT Mini Dreadnought Acoustic Tenor Guitar Natural', which is like $180 USD everywhere new, and one example is here from Sweetwater: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PFT2NT

and video demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtX-BV5nus

I would have bought one of these myself were it not for the 30mm nut width, which I have a problem fingering something so narrow, when all my ukes are at least 35mm nut width.

Ebay is selling a Gold Tone (I think it's the model 10) for $239 on Ebay.

I have an old Carlos tenor guitar from the 70s or so that I'd be willing to let go of. It probably needs a little bit of work but nothing major. I'd let it go for fairly cheap if you're interested.

I have a tenor w/Rosewood body and /cedar top to sell.Brilliant sound. Never played much. Girlfriend bought me a Pono I love. SE Asian-made, gig bag. $300 plus shipping CONUS. chip

Top Bottom