New cases from Oahu case company

hawaii 50

Reaction score
Last edited:
Those look great. Maybe if I am a good girl, Santa will bring me one of those suede cognac tenor cases. It is definitely going on my Christmas list. :)

I just got a hard case for my Martin OX-K online from eBay.

the ABS cases look good and I almost ordered one... but perhaps I'll save up for a
fiberglass model :)

Thanks for making these available Andrew!

and thanks for letting us in on their availability, Len!

Mahalo Nui Loa!

kewl!

I need to get a baritone case.

They are gorgeous. I am praying at least one concert case will fit my super-concert.

Baritone cases! Shipping may be cost prohibitive though for us mainlanders :(

Ordered a tenor and baritone as soon as I saw them. They arrived in California two days later. Snug fit and well made. I love the leather look. Hope they add a strap attachment soon!

Dang!!!! I will have to wait until January probably. Zach said the current crop won't work, but that the next shipment should have super-concert sizes.

dang

Dang!!!! I will have to wait until January probably. Zach said the current crop won't work, but that the next shipment should have super-concert sizes.

dang

they know there is a problem with super concert cases....because of the neck you can not find a case with a tight perfect fit.....when Mike(MGM) was around they had a case perfect for super concerts....

I know Andrew will take care of it for you....

Last edited:
Does anybody have the hardshell wood case? I am looking at the black covered case that looks somewhat like a vintage case. Any reports on quality or how the case holds up? Any issues? http://www.theukulelesite.com/accessories/cases/new-oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html

Yup, I have the wooden hardshell case in brown Suede. Fit and finish is excellent for the price. The hardware is solid and the interior is plush, well padded and looks good. Looks and feels almost identical to the Ko'olau case. In fact, I have another Oahu case in Black currently in transit.

If I were to compare a Kamaka case and the Oahu case, ( the Oahu being around 2 months younger ) , the "leather" handle has started tearing apart on the Kamaka ( bought new, came with uke, 6 months old ) whereas the Oahu still looks mint.

I am not sure if this has any bearing, but I use a Daddario Humiditrak in all my cases and I do notice the Oahu case has the widest humidity fluctuations so maybe the seal is not as tight?

humiditrak.jpg

Last edited:
I have the wooden case in black leather for my Kala Tenor. The fit and finish are great and the inside is nicely padded. There is also a handy pocket/storage area inside that I keep my tuner in. My uke fits perfectly and snugly so it doesn't move around at all. Overall, I am completely satisfied with my case...as alway, your mileage may vary.

Yup, I have the wooden hardshell case in brown Suede. Fit and finish is excellent for the price. The hardware is solid and the interior is plush, well padded and looks good. Looks and feels almost identical to the Ko'olau case. In fact, I have another Oahu case in Black currently in transit.

If I were to compare a Kamaka case and the Oahu case, ( the Oahu being around 2 months younger ) , the "leather" handle has started tearing apart on the Kamaka ( bought new, came with uke, 6 months old ) whereas the Oahu still looks mint.

I am not sure if this has any bearing, but I use a Daddario Humiditrak in all my cases and I do notice the Oahu case has the widest humidity fluctuations so maybe the seal is not as tight?

View attachment 96994

If you don't mind my asking, how is the suede one holding up? Any tears in the suede exterior cover?

SUEDE!:drool:

Top Bottom