IK Multimedia iRig Acoustic

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
I am looking into buying one of these can you run the amplitube app on a android tablet or do you need an I pad. Any other apps you can use if you need I pad.
Thanks Phil.

It will not work (AFAIK) with an android device. This is not mentioned on the IK web site and it seems very likely they would flaunt that feature if it worked. I have one and like it "ok" for what it is. It does have the "crosstalk" issue so you can't record and monitor at the same time unless you are willing to accept the crosstalk. Finally, you do not have to use the Amplitude app. It will work with pretty much any app that accepts audio input.

Yes the iRig Acoustic will work with some android tablets.

There is no amplitude acoustic app for the Android OS but it worked fine for me using RecForge Lite. Basically any recording app should work the iRig Acoustic is technically only a microphone.

Now realize not all android tablets are hardwired to take advantage of a microphone plugged in a headphone jack. All android phones will work but tablets are a hit and miss in this area unlike i-Things.

Basically if you can plug a headset with a microphone into your tablet and get any recording app to hear your voice you're golden!

Yes the iRig Acoustic will work with some android tablets.

There is no amplitude acoustic app for the Android OS but it worked fine for me using RecForge Lite. Basically any recording app should work the iRig Acoustic is technically only a microphone.

Now realize not all android tablets are hardwired to take advantage of a microphone plugged in a headphone jack. All android phones will work but tablets are a hit and miss in this area unlike i-Things. Basically if you can plug a headset with a microphone into your tablet and get any recording app to hear your voice you're golden!

Exactly what Al said. I have the iRig Acoustic and it works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. I have four different recording apps and they all work with the iRig. Silly as it seems there is no amplitude acoustic app for Android

Last edited:
Exactly what Al said. I have the iRig Acoustic and it works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. I have four different recording apps and they all work with the iRig. Silly as it seems there is no amplitude acoustic app for Android

Thanks everybody, I have had a look at a few apps but they are not very clear on how to use them. I just want one for multi tracking and adding a little reverb.

Top Bottom