Aquilas buzz, ddadarios dont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoloheBoy

UU Intern
Reaction score
on my applause i had aquila nyguts on my tenor koa applause, and they start buzzing after a month of use. EDIT but they sounded good before then.
then, i tried ddadarios or whatever string they sell on the ukulele underground store and ive been using them for about 3 months and still no buzz and no lack in sound.

whats the deal with that?:anyone:

The use of offensive speech will not be tolerated. - seeso.

Last edited by a moderator:
The strings themselves are often over looked when diagnosing buzzing. Old strings get worn out and once they lose their round, they will vibrate erratically, causing buzz. Aquilas don't stand up to abrasion as well as nylon or fluorocarbon, although they sound nice.

I don't know what type of D'addarios you mounted, but they are most likely nylon. There's a chance that those will buzz as well, if you play them enough. Just means that it's time to change strings.

And congrats on writing the first post to use the word Gay as a negative insult that I have seen on Ukulele Underground.

I thought this little piece of the interweb was free from that crap.

Oh well.

JT

Maybe he meant YAY! or not...

Either way.. Hope its lesson learned right KoloheBoy!!!...

Back to the subject... I noticed that the D'Addario Pro Arté J71's has a higher tension than Aquilas.. maybe that plays into what you noticed. I've had Aquilas on my concert Kala for over 4 months and I havent really noticed any buzzing...

String buzz has little to do with brand. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom