Halloween songs

Rllink

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm going to sit out on the front porch on Halloween and sing songs. I need a new Halloween playlist that is kid friendly. Monster Mash is number one on the list. That makes it a short list. I need more.

Yay - Halloween :)

Kid friendly - so no Misfits back catalogue I'm guessing. Shame.

How about...

do You are my Sunshine in Dm, Gm and A7, sing it somberly and in the past tense :)

we did that yesterday at SUPA (seattleukulele.org) and had a 'ghoul' time singing it :)

Check out the songs from "Hocus Pocus" the Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker movie.

Two years ago I bought "The haunted Ukulele" book by M. Ryan Taylor. It's a collection of 59 songs with the music and hints. He has many of the songs on YouTube which helped. I go to it every October to use. An easy song is Frankenstein to the tune of clementine. The 2 chords make it easy to follow in jamming. Some are easy to play and some take more effort. I should have got it out last week cause love to work on When the Night Winds Howls with all those effort strums and chords.

Yay - Halloween :)

Kid friendly - so no Misfits back catalogue I'm guessing. Shame.

How about...

That's a good one. I wonder if little kids know who Casper the Ghost is? I'll do it anyway.

Small kids seem to like 5 little pumpkins sitting in a row. I save Monster Mash for us Older folks that remember every word and expression. Love doing Casper but the grandkids hadn't heard it.

My head is full of themes for some reason...

The Addams Family & Ghostbusters - again I guess they're a bit dated and kids probably won't know them. But they're fun tunes :)

"Swamp Witch" by Jim Stafford

"Witchy Woman" by the Eagles

"Teddy Bears' Picnic"--Scared the bejeezuz out of me as a little kid!

"With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm"--Don't know if that's the real title, but I remember it from my brother's Kingston Trio record.

Marie LaVeau - not especially kid-friendly but it is an awesome song :)
A good blues progression would probably carry a guy through that one. I like it. Thanks. I don't just have to play kid songs. I just don't want to play anything that is inappropriate for young ears.

Unfortunately, the only Halloween song I know is Lou Reeds "Halloween Parade",............ which ain't for kids, and like many of Lou's songs, can be considered politically insensitive. Lefty Frizzell's "the Long Black Veil", (covered by The Band, Emmylou Harris and many others) would work for adults.

Last edited:
Top Bottom