FS: Larrivee All Mahogany Baritone Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellofstrings

Reaction score
Selling my all Hog Larry Barry. Great looking. Warm sounding. Excellent condition without any ding or scratch. Finish on the neck is still fresh. Bought from HMS last year. Hard shell case included. I have just put on a new set of Martin M630 baritone uke strings. An extra new set of D'Addario EJ87B included. Asking for $500 shipped. PayPal accepted. :cheers:

Attachments

• larrybarry1.jpg
    larrybarry1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 207
  • larrybarry2.jpg
    larrybarry2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 135
  • larrybarry3.jpg
    larrybarry3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 159
  • larrybarry4.jpg
    larrybarry4.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 107
  • larrybarry5.jpg
    larrybarry5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 100
Do you have a sound sample or the s it played in any of your videos?

Thanks

Trevor

Do you have a sound sample or the s it played in any of your videos?

Thanks

Trevor

Sorry that i havent recorded any song with this uke. But i remember that there is a sound sample of this ub40 on youtube. You may get some references over there. If you are really interested in it i would be happy to record a short clip for you. Thanks :)

I found a recording of that one or one just like it on vimeo. Sounds fantastic. I am interested but mostly just drooling. Very nice uke for a great price.

Can you IM me so I can respond? I can't IM you for some reason.

I purchased this and it appears to be lost in transit. Anyone in the Chicagoland area sees a Larrivee Baritone for sale... question it's origin. Lol.

I purchased this and it appears to be lost in transit. Anyone in the Chicagoland area sees a Larrivee Baritone for sale... question it's origin. Lol.

Was it insured? Can you track it?

Was it insured? Can you track it?

According to the sending side the ukulele left on 11/12 and landed at Chicago. USPS claims they've never received it. Smellofstrings has been working to trace on his end. He's been very helpful and we are both dismayed at this.

I recently purchased an instrument from Hong Kong. Mine was rendered to Hong Kong office on Nov 10th, and just arrived at Chicago ISC Chicago today. I used paypal so they will ultimately cover it if I never get it. What the sellers don't tell you (whether they know or not likely varies from seller to seller) is that between poor service from USPS, and customs getting their incompetent paws on your package, the soonest you could hope for is a couple of weeks. When I called USPS, I spent an hour on the phone only to learn they do not insure international packages and they don't offer any assistance with tracking. A month or longer is apparently common based on my research. So, while your looking for your Larivee, keep an eye out for my Red Label KoAloha!

Last edited:
If this is purchased and paid for, shouldn't it be marked sold?

Hey Tracie! The original poster should do that, and I have noticed that process to be hit or miss. Eventually it will cycle out of the top pages, or an administrator will see it and close it.

I recently purchased an instrument from Hong Kong. Mine was rendered to Hong Kong office on Nov 10th, and just arrived at Chicago ISC Chicago today. I used paypal so they will ultimately cover it if I never get it. What the sellers don't tell you (whether they know or not likely varies from seller to seller) is that between poor service from USPS, and customs getting their incompetent paws on your package, the soonest you could hope for is a couple of weeks. When I called USPS, I spent an hour on the phone only to learn they do not insure international packages and they don't offer any assistance with tracking. A month or longer is apparently common based on my research. So, while your looking for your Larivee, keep an eye out for my Red Label KoAloha!

UPDATE: ITEM HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS!!!!

I guess it's sat somewhere in Chicago for 10 days, and now it's being reviewed. That is confirmed on both sides from HKPost and USPS.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were both on the same plane? Supposedly the plane arrived either 11/11 or 11/12 depending on who you believe.

Last edited:

Yup the OP should be doing that. Incidentally, leaving it open seems to have its benefits like here, where the buyers gets to notify other UU members of a missing in transit uke, and a happy ending in this scenario. Maybe after the buyer receives the uke, then the OP closes the thread?

It arrived yesterday and is in great condition. I think it's best to say transit time from Asia to the us could be up to a month given the 1-2 weeks between arrival and presentation to customs. It's that black hole that can't be traced that is scary.

UPDATE: ITEM HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS!!!!

I guess it's sat somewhere in Chicago for 10 days, and now it's being reviewed. That is confirmed on both sides from HKPost and USPS.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were both on the same plane? Supposedly the plane arrived either 11/11 or 11/12 depending on who you believe.

I haven't visited this thread since I sold the uke to Rozyd. First of all sorry that I forgot to close the thread (I will close it after this reply). Secondly, I would like to point out that I had shipped around six to seven ukes to the USA through Hong Kong Express Post and as I remembered they all arrived within a week. This is the first time for me to encounter a delay. Thanks God the uke finally arrived in one piece. Also thanks Rozyd for keeping me updated daily with the USPS reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom