NUD - The BKV Tenor

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for this beauty for a while now, and it does not disappoint. A custom Kinnard with book matched Cocobolo back and sides, a bear claw Sitka spruce top, slot head with new Gotoh tuners and a MiSi pickup.

The pictures don't fully do it justice in the looks department, but the most amazing thing is the sound and playability. This uke is so responsive, I can tell we are going to have many years together. I have another Kinnard which I picked up used (thanks Andrew), but this is a whole nother level.

Kinnard Greenwald_2016-10-09_101.jpgKinnard Greenwald_2016-10-09_103.jpgKinnard Greenwald_2016-10-09_114.jpgKinnard Greenwald_2016-10-09_118.jpgKinnard Greenwald_2016-10-09_125.jpg

I can share this sample that Kevin of KinnardUkes made a few days ago. I don't have time to do one myself for a few days, but this will give you some idea - Kevin plays better than me anyways.

First off congratulations on a fabulous instrument in both the looks and sound department.

Secondly what does BKV stand for.

Thirdly I noticed the beautiful crown inlay on the fretboard, what is the significance or meaning behind it. That looks pretty special.

Just...... WOW! I'm drooling over that gorgeous cocobolo. I thought my twin Boat Paddles were the most beautiful coco in the world, but now I don't think so. Many congrats.

First off congratulations on a fabulous instrument in both the looks and sound department.

Secondly what does BKV stand for.

Thirdly I noticed the beautiful crown inlay on the fretboard, what is the significance or meaning behind it. That looks pretty special.

BKV are the initials of my stage/Seasons of the Ukulele name - Big King Velour. You can probably guess why the crown is there <g>. It was a little way of personalizing the uke without too much bling, and I think Kevin and John did it just right.

Congratulations ! It is really beautiful. Cocobolo is a joy to see (unluckly so uncommon) and I love spruce :) Have fun !

Wow! this uke really stands out. Cocobolo wood is pretty hard to work with, so I hear. You have a real winner there, it can't help but improve your playing (so you can post your own video, maybe) hint hint.
Enjoy! You deserve it!

Wow! Stunning in both looks and sound. Congratulations, and enjoy!

As you know, I'm a big fan of Kinnard instruments. This one is a beauty, and it sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

That looks gorgeous. Love the side hole sound port too. Very nice!

that is simply stunning cocobolo, and nice bear claw, too!

i wish you many years of joy with this beauty

Congratulations on the fabulous Kinnard.

Looks and sounds wonderful.

It was posted in FB today and I must say I am so impressed with the Kinnard Ukes. John does an amazing job.

Awsome ukulele. Super nice Cocobolo wood and back/sides. Sound sample would be nice to hear.

Top Bottom