Rattling sound coming from headstock

sevenatenine

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any advice for what may be causing this problem. I have a Kala tenor and have playing it for about 2 weeks now and noticed that today there is a rattling sound coming from the headstock primarily when i strum the C string. Is it possible that something has come loose? Also, I have only had this uke for 2 weeks does any one know if Kala has some kind of warranty?

Was wondering if anyone had any advice for what may be causing this problem. I have a Kala tenor and have playing it for about 2 weeks now and noticed that today there is a rattling sound coming from the headstock primarily when i strum the C string. Is it possible that something has come loose? Also, I have only had this uke for 2 weeks does any one know if Kala has some kind of warranty?

I had that happen on one of my ukes. It ended up being a loose washer on one of the tuners.

hmmm, I'm starting to think thats what it is. I'm going to email the guy I bought it from to see if he has had this problem before, otherwise I might just take it into the local guitar shop and see if they can fix it.

Thanks!

hmmm, I'm starting to think thats what it is. I'm going to email the guy I bought it from to see if he has had this problem before, otherwise I might just take it into the local guitar shop and see if they can fix it.

Thanks!

Well, on mine, you could physically move the washer a bit with your finger and tell it was loose.. Is that how yours is?

if it has a friction tuner, not a geared one, all you have to do is take a hammer to the peg and make it tight again.

On second thought, I retract that statement: don't do that with any uke that is worth more than 50 dollars or so...

It is the washer that is loose, I didn't even think to check those, thanks. I guess the next course is to get a wrench and just tighten that nut, its a geared tuner and the way its made, I don't think I can get to the screw behind it.

As for the hammer idea, my playing hasn't been bad enough yet for anyone to take their aggression out that way. ;)

Top Bottom