PDA

View Full Version : Rattling sound coming from headstock

sevenatenine
03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any advice for what may be causing this problem. I have a Kala tenor and have playing it for about 2 weeks now and noticed that today there is a rattling sound coming from the headstock primarily when i strum the C string. Is it possible that something has come loose? Also, I have only had this uke for 2 weeks does any one know if Kala has some kind of warranty?

UKESTAR
03-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any advice for what may be causing this problem. I have a Kala tenor and have playing it for about 2 weeks now and noticed that today there is a rattling sound coming from the headstock primarily when i strum the C string. Is it possible that something has come loose? Also, I have only had this uke for 2 weeks does any one know if Kala has some kind of warranty?

I had that happen on one of my ukes. It ended up being a loose washer on one of the tuners.

sevenatenine
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
hmmm, I'm starting to think thats what it is. I'm going to email the guy I bought it from to see if he has had this problem before, otherwise I might just take it into the local guitar shop and see if they can fix it.

Thanks!

UKESTAR
03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
hmmm, I'm starting to think thats what it is. I'm going to email the guy I bought it from to see if he has had this problem before, otherwise I might just take it into the local guitar shop and see if they can fix it.

Thanks!

Well, on mine, you could physically move the washer a bit with your finger and tell it was loose.. Is that how yours is?

Ian Boys
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
if it has a friction tuner, not a geared one, all you have to do is take a hammer to the peg and make it tight again.

On second thought, I retract that statement: don't do that with any uke that is worth more than 50 dollars or so...

sevenatenine
03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
It is the washer that is loose, I didn't even think to check those, thanks. I guess the next course is to get a wrench and just tighten that nut, its a geared tuner and the way its made, I don't think I can get to the screw behind it.

As for the hammer idea, my playing hasn't been bad enough yet for anyone to take their aggression out that way. ;)