WTB Soprano Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

idxxoutoftheblue

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice soprano and am looking to spend less than $100 (I'd say $100 tops). I don't necessarily have a specific brand in mind, though I would of course want it to be something quality like Kala, Lanikai or Ohana.

I know these are easy to find, but thought I'd post on here just in case somebody is looking to get something off their hands.

Thanks!

Kala KA-SEM is a good place to start...comes in natural and some interesting colors for $110 brand new setup from Mim...

I was going to sell the Outdoor Ukulele soprano I have at a really good price. I came close to making one deal, but the person wasn't sure it was the right uke for them....and I decided I may just keep it as my only uke for now (a family member has my other one right now). It's harder for me to let go of than I thought.
You can get those new for $95 shipped at their website. I would say it is a quality uke, so long as you're okay with it being made out of polycarbonate. I have owned very nice Koaloha koa wood sopranos, a very nice all solid mahogany LoPrinzi, and one of the all solid Mahogany Martin S1 soprano ukes which was also really nice. The OU isn't going to compare to them in terms of looks and just being special due to the wood grain, etc. Other than that, it does have a really nice sound to my ears and the build quality is good. I also really like the design. The durability makes it hassle free. Made in the USA is a nice bonus for me too. This is now the one I'd recommend to anyone looking for a sub $100 soprano.

Otherwise, in your price range, you're looking at an all laminate Asian-made uke surely. I had thought about getting a soprano a while back and if I had gone with an Asian made uke I probably would've chosen that Kala KA-SEM that UkerDanno mentioned. I think Uke Republic and Elderly Instruments have it too and both of them do an inspection and setup. You may want to check the used instrument section at Elderly Instruments as well. Sometimes they have some vintage sopranos for fairly cheap. Sometimes they sell those as-is though without doing any work on them, so those would be out of the question since it'd add to the price to fix the issues.
If you find something used, I'd make sure it has been taken care of and also it was purchased at a place where it had a good setup done on it. Otherwise, it's super hit and miss with ukes in that price range especially.

I'm looking for a nice soprano and am looking to spend less than $100 (I'd say $100 tops). I don't necessarily have a specific brand in mind, though I would of course want it to be something quality like Kala, Lanikai or Ohana.

I know these are easy to find, but thought I'd post on here just in case somebody is looking to get something off their hands.

Thanks!

Hey, I think I have exactly that! Nobody replied to my post (because my account is new?) but I am still trying to sell my soprano. It's in almost perfect condition, I just don't play it anymore. My post is here:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?123183-For-Sale-Lanikai-LU-21-Soprano

let me know if you want to talk details!

Kurt river_driver is a good guy - this is probably what I'd get in that price range if I was you. A lot of people seem to like these Kala long-necks.

I have a Kala longneck soprano (KA-SLNG) I could break up with. Concert scale on a soprano body. Nice little player. PM me if you might be interested.

Thanks everybody! I've PMed about the KA-SLNG, but other than that I'm going to wait and look at things I come across in person.
Thank you again and I appreciated the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom