PDA

View Full Version : Edgeless uke inspired from sir paull mccartney's base

RITCHIE UKULELE
10-20-2016, 07:37 AM
Our journey to building edgeless ukuleles goes on. The violin shape is compatible to our chosen concept and technology of directly cutting solid wood for the sides.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
10-20-2016, 07:55 AM
looks neat!

how does it sound?

RITCHIE UKULELE
10-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Sound is great. To rout/round the edges of the sides, we have to increase its thickness. In doing so, it will compromise the sound. But we customized a router bit to clean the inside part of the sides. Then, produces its ultimate acoustic sound.

Booli
10-20-2016, 10:37 AM
Kohanmike will love this one! Do you have a video sound sample on YouTube for us?

Where are these available for sale? Do you have a web site?

RITCHIE UKULELE
10-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Kohanmike will love this one! Do you have a video sound sample on YouTube for us?

Where are these available for sale? Do you have a web site?

This is a new one. We will make video sound check soon. Pls visit our fb page at Wagas Ukuleles...thanks

kohanmike
10-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Booli, you know me too well, as soon as I saw this just now, my eyes popped. I had a Rondo Hadean solid body 21" scale bass uke converted with a new body into a violin/Hofner/Beatles bass.

Ritchie, is it a chambered body? You also might consider adding a tailpiece to really simulate the look.

http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Violin Herron done 700.jpg

RITCHIE UKULELE
10-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Booli, you know me too well, as soon as I saw this just now, my eyes popped. I had a Rondo Hadean solid body 21" scale bass uke converted with a new body into a violin/Hofner/Beatles bass.

Ritchie, is it a chambered body? You also might consider adding a tailpiece to really simulate the look.

http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Violin Herron done 700.jpg

Thanks for the kind suggestions. This uke is acoustic and hollow just like any other uke. The construction specially the sides is far different from the traditional bending of the wood.To illusrate further about the edgeless uke process, am sending you a photo of a traditional violin shape now we call here as VIOLELE.