Ukulele Aquisition Syndrome software

derbyhat

Reaction score
Hi
Long time lurker with a first time forum post....

If you saw an app called Ukulele Aquisition Syndrome, what would you expect it to do?

• Help me buy an ukulele
  • Track my ukulele collection
  • Help me practice my ukulele
  • Help me tune my ukulele
  • Help me catalogue my music
  • Help me sell my ukulele
  • Something else entirely

Leave your thoughts below. Rank the items in the list if you like. Add new stuff if you like.

Thanks! Happy Friday!

Help me buy a ukulele
Help stop me buying ukuleles
Help me buy a ukulele
Help me buy a ukulele
Help me buy a ukulele

You get the idea......a never ending cycle

Last edited:
it would be like tinder for ukes. swipe right, put on my potential buy list. swipe left, no interest.

Hi
Long time lurker with a first time forum post....

If you saw an app called Ukulele Aquisition Syndrome, what would you expect it to do?

• Help me buy an ukulele
  • Track my ukulele collection
  • Help me practice my ukulele
  • Help me tune my ukulele
  • Help me catalogue my music
  • Help me sell my ukulele
  • Something else entirely

Leave your thoughts below. Rank the items in the list if you like. Add new stuff if you like.

Thanks! Happy Friday!

Help me explain to my wife the necessity of owning multiple instruments.

What's an app?

Campbell, an app is short for application or "applications software" (also called end-user programs) include such things as database programs, word processors, Web browsers and spreadsheets.)
I hope this helps.

maybe help with online banking... like depositing huge amounts of cash into
our personal accounts, gratis, so we can afford to do more acquisitioning? :)

Maybe an app where you can enter all the ukuleles that you desire. Then it will allow you to prioritize your list of ukuleles, and it will search the internet for them and tell you to where you can purchase them. Another thing is that it could have an alarm that would alert you if you are actually within a predetermined distance from one of the ukuleles on your list that is for sale. That way you're driving around and the app alerts you that you are only ten miles from one of the ukuleles on your list. Then it would direct you to it and you could buy it. I should also have a feature where if you see a ukulele that you like, you can see if you already have one. That way you wouldn't buy duplicates. Unless you wanted duplicates.

Last edited:
Obviously, it's a late night TV commercial that claims to reduce your ukulele dependence. But wait, there's more: Order now...........................

Ha ha ha ha.
I think you should be able to enter the features you want, then it takes you to that uke, with an area for your credit card info. The app also plays a recording of Jake playing that very uke to perfection.

Don't need it, UAS is part of my soul.

UAS, GAS or other similar afflictions need to be fed with gobs of cash and secure storage space for all yer THINGS, so if there was an app that could accurately give me the grand-prize jackpot numbers for the next $100+ million award from the lottery, like MegaMillions or similar, I'd like to see that built-in with a few ideas from what other folks have said above...

Once the mortgage is paid off, my wish-list is filled and enough money is put into a trust so I can frugally 'live off the interest' and never need a 'job' again, then of course a ginormous portion of the remaining money would go to school music programs and to help them get started certifying teachers via James Hill's methods, and subsidizing the cost of everything for the schools, the teachers and the kids, but I digress...

That app already exists. It's called The Ukulele Site. ;-)

In all seriousness, most successful apps start with a good idea, execute it well, and then add a name.

How about an app that lets people view each others collections, follow other collectors, share photographs and videos, make buy/sell/trade offers. Even better if you can scoop a commission.

It would take a bit of hosting grunt, but these days with AWS and whatnot you can just bung everything in the cloud and the costs will scale with your success.

You guys are great! Keep it coming. This is a fun read.

One of the things about UAS is having a lot of ukuleles So a UAS app should help people keep track of their ukuleles and allow people to categorize by price, scale, tonewoods, builder, production/custom, bling, string brand, tuning, linear or reentrant, tuning machine type, bridge type, electronics or not, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom