The Special Delivery Thread

JKoval

Reaction score
I'm not sure how useful this thread will be but I do notice that sometimes there's a flash-flood of "my new ukuelele arrived" threads and although it's very exciting, maybe this will save some space on the boards! So post your thoughts of anticipation waiting for your new instrument in the mail or when it finally comes here!

-Jeff

I'll start us off - I'm currently waiting for my Baritone to come in... it should be sometime later this week.

-Jeff

I'm currently ukuleleless! I returned my Kala KA-S because I bought it for $80 as my "junk" ukulele, but I found an online deal for the Lanikai LU-21 for $45!

I'm waiting for a Lanikai LU-21, which is expected to come on 4/23. But it has to go through my schools mailing system as well so I'll probably get it on the 24th.

I also purchased a Mainland soprano matte mahogany ukulele with sealed gold ebony tuners. It's backordered until May...when in May? I gave Mike a call and he said the matte mahogany soprano is expected to arrive May 10th! So I guess it'll be in my hands around the 20th or so? Mike threw in a free gig bag cause of the wait.

I'm also waiting on a humistat humidifier. :)
Didn't know which humidifier to buy and didn't want to make my own because I don't trust myself... But elderlyinstruments.com "sold me" by saying humistat is the #1 ukulele humidifier. :D

My ukulele journey is just beginning, but luckily I don't think I'll become a victim of UAS. At the same time it has only been day 16. I had to google "UAS" and still it took me a long time to find the definition. I kept getting like University of Alaska Southeast and so on so forth... I finally googled "UAS ukulele" and it all made sense!

UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

i just got a mainland tenor with gloss finish, sealed gold and ebony tuners. and i just lowered the action on it. sounds incredible. thank you deach.

(i just felt like contributing to the thread lolz)

i will admit it. I AM POST WHORE

:D

I just got my new Kanilea K-1 Tenor ... its my first Uke and im loving it. Ill post some pics soon.

Don't get jealous boys & girls but I just ordered a custom coconut ukulele. :D
54646F.jpg

I am awaiting the finishing of repairs to my Kanile'a Ukulele and for it to be delivered.
So am I... the ukulele shop is having one repaired for me. I ordered it more than 3 months ago... No I have no idea how I survived this far... Now it should come in one of these days. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my emails to see if it's in. The worst thing is that the British pound (£) is going up, so every day my Kanile'a is getting pricier... Damn you Economy...

I was about to post in here, anxiously awaiting the sweet KoAloha swag from UU. But I just got it! And a handwritten note, and another sticker. UU is the best. :D

I just ordered a lightweight hardshell case from MGM (only $44) in anticipation of ordering a Mainland classic mahogany concert early next month.

The best part is, it'll cost me less than a concert Fluke with a rosewood fretboard. :shaka:

Top Bottom