Ono Bolivian Rosewood Tenor

saltytri

Reaction score
Here's a new tenor that is heading off to theukulelesite.com (Hawaii Music Supply). The back and sides are Bolivian rosewood with a master grade Sitka spruce top.

30488125105_3977c7d6d0_b.jpg

30401368361_b4fc018e6b_b.jpg

30401367961_8ece089dfc_b.jpg

30401368681_8c65acba4c_b.jpg

Wow!! :drool: Another absolute beauty, David! Whoever gnabs that is going to be very lucky!

David,
That is a beautiful TENOR(edit). The logo looks great.
And I can't wait to hear a sound sample from HMS.
Well done.

Last edited:
David,
That is a beautiful bari. The logo looks great.
And I can't wait to hear a sound sample from HMS.
Well done.

Hey Johnson.....David said it was a tenor.....just incase it wasn't a typo caused by ONO-LUST!!!!

Another beautiful instrument David. Is that a pore filled finish, the glossiness is excellent. Does it have a radius fretboard. Please say yes....say no...say yes....say no. I don't need another tenor at the moment....but......Oh this is so nerve racking.:p

Hey Johnson.....David said it was a tenor.....just incase it wasn't a typo caused by ONO-LUST!!!!

Another beautiful instrument David. Is that a pore filled finish, the glossiness is excellent. Does it have a radius fretboard. Please say yes....say no...say yes....say no. I don't need another tenor at the moment....but......Oh this is so nerve racking.:p

YES on the radiused board. So don't be disappointed. :)

And it is fully pore filled and glossy. The finish on the top is thin, for the obvious reason, so the spruce grain can be seen just a bit.

Now you've done it. After seeing the beautiful grain in that rose wood, I had to recharge my pace maker. Hummmmmm, now how could I possibly justify another uke, and where would I put it ? (and how much would the divorce settlement cost me?)

David, I have to say that you build the classiest looking ukuleles of anybody out there. They are always elegant and understated. You have an excellent eye for what works well together. Congratulations on another beauty!

Thanks, Dave. I fixed it. Maybe I was confused. I have spent so much time on his website trying to satisfy my ONO-lust. (I like that)
I love the simplistic beauty.

Wow. That excellent pore fill and gloss finish really completes such beautiful instrument. Nice work David!
Is the finish nitro lacquer?

That's a beauty. Hope we get to hear a sound sample of it.

Fabulous looking Uke. Looking forward to hearing a review of it.

Wow. That excellent pore fill and gloss finish really completes such beautiful instrument. Nice work David!
Is the finish nitro lacquer?

Thanks, Hodge!

I'm reluctant to spray without proper facilities, for which I don't have room, so all my finishes are applied by hand. This is poly varnish that is built up by brushing and then wet sanded and buffed.

And thanks also to everyone else for your kind remarks!

Wow, "CLASSY" looking is an understatement. An amazing looking instrument.

Gorgeous work David ! As usual :)

Top Bottom