FS: Collings UT3M Sunburst - Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

pproces

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure about selling this wonderful instrument, but if someone offers the asking price, I will consider it. I bought it from the first owner a few months ago, so I put below the description that he wrote:

"The body is premium Eastern maple and the top is an upgraded European spruce. The tangerine sunburst is just incredible and the instrument just glows and sparkles in the light. Bridge, fret board, and head plate are rare Madagascar rosewood. Peghed tuner (4:1 internally geared). Abalone rosette and tortoise binding. Savarez 150R strings. Serial number is 1382 and was completed on 1/9/2014. Condition is outstanding, with very few signs of use. Has been primarily used for finger picking, so no unsightly strum marks on soundboard. Always well cared for and kept properly humidified. Comes with Collings hardshell case (by Ameritage), and an Oasis ukulele humidifier. I had originally listed this for sale earlier this year, but withdrew the listing, thinking I would be able to keep it. Unfortunately, I've got to let it go to help pay for a custom build that is nearing completion. I've loved this instrument, though, and consider it to be of rare character and quality - one of the best I've owned over the years. It's an outstanding player with an unusually warm tone for a maple instrument. Very articulate with excellent clarity and response."

Here is the link to the web page of the shop that initially sold the instrument:
http://acousticmusicworks.com/sold/new-collings-maple-full-body-sunburst-tenor-ukulele

The instrument is still in outstanding conditions. Personally I think that it has opened up since then and that the sound is even more rich and warm.

Price is 1800 € without shipping and insurances.

Please get in touch with any questions and thanks for looking!

DSCF7375.jpgDSCF7378.jpgDSCF7379.jpgDSCF7381.jpgDSCF7382.jpg

I just picked up one of these very recently. It is exceptional. I put Worth Browns on it, tuned it to re-entrant Bb and I absolutely, positively love it. It sounds great both finger style and strummed, which to my ears few ukes can achieve.

I have a ut3m as well. Absolutely the finest ukulele you can buy. The sound with these wood combinations are incredible. Surprised you want to sell this. You might be disappointed in the long run. Good luck with the sale

Amazing value at half new cost! I run my spruce top UT2 with a wound low g, which I think brings the instrument into it's own.

If I didn't already have one, I'd have this....good luck to with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom