wtb pocket ukulele (first version - not the travel one)

rafa

Reaction score
hi!

(first: sorry about my bad english)
(second: mods, if i'm doing something wrong, i'm sorry)

well, i've been looking for a pocket kala for a loooooong time (since 2013 maybe), but i was never able to buy one here in brazil

i've visited websites from all around the world (france, japan, usa etc) and never found a store able to ship it to brazil
i've contacted kala, of course, but they did not help me

anyone would ship one to rio de janeiro?

also, if you're a luthier and are able to make me a good (but cheap - hahahah) sopranissimo, let me know

(again: sorry about my bad english)

thank you so much

Rafa,
If you can't find a Kala pocket Uke, you may want to look at the new Ohana O'nino. They've gotten good reviews and are fairly priced at about $139 US. I'm not sure what shipping to Brazil would add though.

Your English, by the way, is quite good. Better, in fact, than many of my American university students who have been speaking English their entire lives!

I played an ohana sopranissimo last days and is Super. Ask for setup. I removed aquila strings and put martins m600 and now it's a really pretty gem.

As I said yesterday in another thread, I bought a Irin sopranino (kaka love) recently and if you have anyone to make you a good setup it is Ok for 25€/30$. Not as good as ohana, kala, etc. But mine sounds very well with worth brown strings and tuned in D.

Last edited:
You might check on Amazon/E-bay for a Caramel. They make a sopranino with butterfly holes that is pretty sharp and an Acacia topped for a bit more money ~$35-45 US. I have a Zebrawood one that I put Fremont Hard strings on and it is very nice. I don't know if they have Zebra wood ones now. I'll bet they will ship to Rio. I gave a butterfly one to my granddaughter and it plays nice too.

Top Bottom