Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some ukulele books:

- Ukulele Exercises for Dummies
- Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps- Jim Beloff, Fred Sokolow
- Ukulelezaza
- Mel Bay Understanding Ukulele Chords- Robbert van Renesse
- Ukulele for the Complete Ignoramus
- Fingerstyle Ukulele- Fred Sokolow

But if there are better books on these topics or if any of these books are just terrible, feel free to let me know! Currently the only ukulele book I have is Ukulele Aerobics, but it's a bit advanced for me. I'm currently using The Ukulele Way and YouTube tutorials, but I like to have some books around as well.

As for Ukulelezaza and the Aaron Keim books, I'll probably just buy from them, but thought I'd post them on here anyways. The first Ukulelezaza book seems to come by anyways!

Edit: Removed books that have been purchased :)

Last edited:
If it's a selection of introductory publications you're looking for, there are several "old fashioned", long out of date publications that have been scanned to pdf and are available for download on the internet.

Try looking for Kamiki Ukulele Method or Bailey's Ukulele Method for starters, there are a couple of others ... good luck :)

If it's a selection of introductory publications you're looking for, there are several "old fashioned", long out of date publications that have been scanned to pdf and are available for download on the internet.

Try looking for Kamiki Ukulele Method or Bailey's Ukulele Method for starters, there are a couple of others ... good luck :)

kypfer,
Good call.
I found both.

This is a scan of the original Kamiki book. Someone did a nice job transferring this to digital. FYI, the tuning is A,D,F#,B.
https://ukucafe.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/imslp281240-pmlp164798-kamikiukulelemet00newy.pdf

This is a place to view or download the other book in PDF format:
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/ukulele-lady-tutor/

Top Bottom