This is MGM MUSIC GUY MIKE, 3rd year memorial anniversary

He is always missed. He did so much for the uke community. Thanks for posting this reminder my friend :)

Can't believe where those three years went. Mike was a legend. Never will forget him.
He made me appreciate Kalas.
And living and loving life.
Thanks for this thread Bruddah.

It is hard to believe 3 years. He gave so much to so many of us. It is a nice thought that he lives on in our music.
One of the greats taken too soon from us. Hope he and Stu H. are playing and providing ukes to the angel band.

No one found more "JOY" in all things ukulele. Irreplaceable.

Thanks for starting this thread, mm stan.

I never had a chance to talk to Mike personally but the stories I have read about him and the attitude he portrays in his videos display a man who loved and lived life to the fullest and had a true passion and real love for the uke.

Stan, Mahalos for remembering Mike (aka MGM) .... was always good fun fo tawk story wit him!

RIP to a legend in the ukulele (little) world

He always responded personally. Once when a uke didn't arrive in time for a gig he rescinded the shipping costs. Just a really nice and decent guy. He would give advice by email. He was my introduction to buying ukes. He is why I stuck with the Hawaii Ukulele Site. Everybody up in Haleiwa and Wahiawa only have nice things to say about Mike. Thank you, Mike.

He was a wonderful guy. I had the privilege of meeting him at Hawaiian Music Supply in Haleiwa some years ago I bought a ukulele there and he was so patient and so encouraging. I'll never forget him.

A legend. I'm proud to have a uke from HMS that he chose for me. Class guy from beginning to end.

Mahalo Stan for reminding us. His memory is a blessing.

Thanks for the remembrance, Stan. I spoke with Mike several times and he was always a sweetheart! He did so much for the uke community and was such a wonderful example of how to live life with joy, and such a blessing.

So sorry I never got to meet him, but it's wonderful that he is so fondly remembered!

Always loved watching Mike and his crew perform the Friday Follies and wishing I was there instead of in front of a computer. I bought my first ukulele and many more after from him.

Mahalo, Stan, for starting this thread. I believe that the photo you posted was taken at the 2013 Wine Country Ukulele Festival in St. Helena. If it was, it may actually have been taken by me. (Possibly not. I know I took a photo of him at that festival, I just can't remember if this was it. I do know that I posted this photo on my FB page the day that he passed.)

I bought several of my early ukuleles from Mike when he had an eBay store, and one of my most cherished possessions is a Kamaka 8-string baritone I bought from Mike at Hawaiian Music Supply in October 2012. He was the embodiment of Aloha and I still miss him.

Always loved watching Mike and his crew perform the Friday Follies and wishing I was there instead of in front of a computer. I bought my first ukulele and many more after from him.

Last edited:
Yes Mark, I think it was your photo, I don't actually remember but I did save it in my album , thank you :)
Yes all my photos I have lost when my old Computer crashed, but I saved some on my old laptop that I haven't
Opened for years. I should go back and find them to look at this time.

Last edited:
My post about Mike showed up a few days ago as one of my "memories." I'm glad I got to see Mike that year at the Wine Country Festival. He probably shouldn't have come, but he really wanted to. He was at the HMS table.

Top Bottom