Kala (Larivee wood construction) KA-ASKS Soprano

girevikdavid

Reaction score
This uke and it's sister, Martin, are finding a new home. My hands just don't fit the instrument. So, that's why I'm selling.

This is a gorgeous instrument. I understand that it was made from a shipment of high quality koa that was to have gone to Larivee just before they stopped making ukes. Regardless, it's a knockout, and has a warmish soprano voice. Koa body uke in absolutely mint condition. Included is a nice O'Ahu HSC.

Ship to CONUS included in price of uke $400.00
I'm having difficulty getting my iPhone camera to send email photo attachments, so for those who have interest if you give me a phone # I can successfully attach a photo to a text. Sorry to make it so complicated.

what do you mean by "Larivee wood construction" ?
because of some story that the wood was supposed to go to Larrivée?

This uke and it's sister, Martin, are finding a new home. My hands just don't fit the instrument. So, that's why I'm selling.

This is a gorgeous instrument. I understand that it was made from a shipment of high quality koa that was to have gone to Larivee just before they stopped making ukes. Regardless, it's a knockout, and has a warmish soprano voice. Koa body uke in absolutely mint condition. Included is a nice O'Ahu HSC.

Ship to CONUS included in price of uke $400.00
I'm having difficulty getting my iPhone camera to send email photo attachments, so for those who have interest if you give me a phone # I can successfully attach a photo to a text. Sorry to make it so complicated.

M!! it's not 'some story'. I had one of these and the Koa is outrageous like AAAA at least. Do a little research and find out. MGM Mike ( a very respected dealer) obtained some of these(check out the YouTube) and they sold out quickly

If memory serves the first owner purchased this instrument from MGM.

Appreciate the clarification, pahu. The Kala for sale has drop dead gorgeous grain.

Photos at last!

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Attachments

• Kala back.jpg
    Kala back.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Kala face.jpg
    Kala face.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Kala headstock.jpg
    Kala headstock.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 80
What an interesting uke - priced high for a Kala but low for a solid flamed koa instrument. Pretty appointments. How much were these brand new?
Do you have a soundbite?

I don't really know what they cost new. I do want to sell the instrument but truly if I didn't, my appraisal of the koa used in this uke is amazing. It rivals the Collings 2 concert I had (grrr don't you hate it when you want them back!). I guess I can do a sound bite if someone can suggest how to do that it would be appreciated as I've never done that. You won't hear much in the waY of "good" playing as I've been focusing on guitar for some time now, but you will be able to hear basic intervals and strums. It has a very mellow sound for a soprano. Sort of a soprano jazz sound. At least that's how I hear it.

Just point out that price wise, shipping is included.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!!! That's exactly what mine sounds like soprano but sweet.
Of course I'm talking about pure sound, not musicianship LOL

I'll still work on getting a sound bite of mine if anyone feels the need.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear you want to go for the Kala. It is really exceptional and I was afraid because of the relatively low price it wouldn't go to a "good home" :)

You can gift the funds to me on PayPal - name: girevikdavid@gmail.com.

Please use the email and provide your name and address and I'll work to get it out to you tomorrow

Cheers,

Top Bottom