PDA

View Full Version : Risa adds the Fender Electric look

Rakelele
10-24-2016, 01:03 AM
As many here know, Risa has been producing several Elelctric Steel String models featuring the classic look of the Gibson Les Paul. I just discovered that they are going to add two new models which will pick up the look of the Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster Guitars.

According to the "Uke-Surfer" website (Risa's online store in Germany), the new ST and TE models will be available in November and cost around 500 Euros, a little less than their LP models:

Risa TE (https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/en/risa-te-tenor?info=973)
Risa ST (https://www.ukulele.de/shop4/en/risa-st-tenor?info=969)

I am not in any way associated with the company, just happy to see more options for steel string electrics becoming available.

Jim Hanks
10-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Ooh very nice. :drool:

Dan Gleibitz
10-24-2016, 02:13 AM
That surf green Tele is screaming 'buy me'. I'd better freeze my wallet in a block of ice...

greenie44
10-24-2016, 03:10 AM
That surf green Tele is screaming 'buy me'. I'd better freeze my wallet in a block of ice...

And a switchable single coil and a humbucker pickup! Noooooooooooo

chainyanker
10-24-2016, 03:11 AM
Sweetness....

Cornfield
10-24-2016, 03:29 AM
If you buy direct from Risa, and have shipped to the USA, you pay even less. They discount that 19% VAT :)

Wagster
10-24-2016, 06:42 AM
If you buy direct from Risa, and have shipped to the USA, you pay even less. They discount that 19% VAT :)

This is good information to have... (or perhaps, bad information to have, depending on your level of GAS :cool:)

I know Risa's reputation for quality ukes is second to none and have no doubts that these will be worth every penny. For the past year or so (post-Alida, if you will) Ive been trying to justify to myself spending the $800 or so bucks for one and it may happen yet... (I could feel that butterscotch tele tugging at my heart strings)

In the meantime, however, this budget-friendly quilted maple monster is giving me some much needed GAS relief...

Booli
10-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Thanks to the OP for this info.

Sadly, I do not see the 'BEAN' electric as a tenor, only soprano, unless my eyes are getting old. I like the BEAN more than the others because the look is so different, instead of a replica of an already well-known shape.

No doubt these new models will have the high quality that RISA is known for. It's good to have more options. :)

igorthebarbarian
10-24-2016, 11:25 AM
When I got my Ross solid and uke Ellie, the shipping was fairly quick from Germany to Arizona-- about two weeks. They make great ukes. Very cool