New uke day... well about a week ago. K brand content.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Hi all! Had a huge break from the forums but been a daily ukulele player anyhoo bit of quick history.

Guitarist by trade I wanted to try something different because everyone and their mother, granny, aunty and uncle plays guitar. In 2011 I got a cheap ukulele, then a Lanikai, Ohana's, Kala's then I quit.

I re started with a cheap plastic ukulele then my first reasonable ukulele, one Uluru concert. It was nice but didn't work out and I got a Makala concert then a Mahalo tenor. The Mahalo tenor kept me really happy for over a year as the UAS went dormant but the playing didn't stop.

I then got my current Southern Ukulele store brand solid wood concert which has kept me happy for a year. It's actually an Aria ACU 250 branded and ordered in bulk for the store. I'd highly recommend this one it has opened up nicely and has a very pleasing tone.

Since the start of the hobby I always wanted a K brand apart from when I had a break. Initially I wanted a Kanile'a soprano but I'm glad I skipped that as I found in time soprano is not my ideal size. I looked at various good deals but I guess left it and put the money in my other hobbies.

Looking for a change recently and browsing the above store I spotted a Koaloha KCM 00 used for a good price considering the new price. I left it for almost 2 weeks watching some other used Koaloha's being purchased one by one waiting for the KCM to go out to some other uke player.

We as a family went on a Haven holiday. It was still on my mind. While the kids were enjoying it immensely dad had Koaloha thoughts. I thought what the hell I'll call for some sales talk. Long story long I got them to deliver it to the holiday park reception and enjoyed my holiday ukulele.

It's been a long wait for this one but worth it!

Pics first thoughts later as this post is long enough as it is. ☺️

403429FE-6B7B-4A53-A250-A81FA4D791CC.jpg4EEEB434-C44C-4FEB-8CC9-F588C71AE63C.jpgCFDA5768-6E2A-4DD8-AFB0-5BCCF4B4BFA0.jpg8A712166-A9F6-4EE4-AE1A-16D4A78AC3B8.jpg

Attachments

• 2C5842F6-E310-44C7-8129-F9B0D2D7CD26.jpg
    2C5842F6-E310-44C7-8129-F9B0D2D7CD26.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 34
That's great! Congratulations on a fine uke!!

Congrats! And thanks for sharing your story. That is so cool that they delivered it to the park.

Thanks all. Yeah the options were hold delivery or one day delivery there. I asked at reception if it was ok and called back to order. Gave it a little story.

Warning: K Brand Content.

So funny.

Congrats, KoAloha Koa is superb tone.

You have every right to be excited. Congratulations, that is some beautiful looking koa you got. No one is ever disappointed with the sound either, tone monster sound cannons. Great story thanks for sharing.

Awesome choice. Congrats.

Such pretty koa! I like the old Koaloha bridge with their name on it. Happy holiday to you!

Such pretty koa! I like the old Koaloha bridge with their name on it. Happy holiday to you!

Thanks for all the posts.

Yeah think I forgot to mention this one has March 2012 printed on the neck block. Sort of hoped the old owner may be active and spot the thread.

The tone is outstanding. I often play quietly in the morning after nightshift and in the small hours over the weekend where I'm a nightshift insomniac.

Good thing is even when played softly so not to wake the wife (and be wearing it as a Koa hat) or the kids it gives up the tone at low volumes. Plenty if volume when required too. Easy playing neck and great balance weight wise. One stunning uke.

Congratulations on your new baby! I only have one friend locally who has one, and it is so much fun! Talk about projection!

KoAloha KCM 00...what more do you need? Classic ukulele.

I have a 2002 model.

I really liked the story too. Nice to see such a happy ending.

Seems like that uke will bring you many blessings. :)

Top Bottom