Linkesoft's Songbook app for Windows Tablets and 2-in-1s

jimavery

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I recently noticed Linkesoft's Songbook app, which you might be familiar with on iPad, Android or Windows is being developed specifically for Windows tablets.

So far, the app is in Beta (which means it's free, but some bugs still need ironing out). I've been using it for the last couple of weeks, and it seems to be improving fast. I don't know when the developers will think it's ready to come out of Beta but my guess is it won't be too long now.

Anyway, if you have a Windows tablet and are after a neat way to store and display songsheets on a tablet or 2-in-1, I reckon it's well worth a look - and if you do, it's also well worth feeding back any issues you find to the developers. The app also includes a quite large collection of chord diagrams for ukulele in C, D and Baritone tunings.

Another neat feature is it can transpose for you (but not, as far as I'm aware, the tabs or any custom chord definitions you might have added).

The app uses a format similar to chordpro, so it looks [C]like [Gdim]this when you edit the song, but will format the page with the chords either inline or above the text for reading, and can display chord boxes at the bottom of the page to remind you how to form each chord. It's worth trying in both landscape and portrait format - I'm undecided which I prefer, but if you're planning to feed the screen output to an overhead projector or TV then landscape would be best.

http://www.linkesoft.com/songbook/beta.html

Top Bottom