Blackheart Sassafras Concert

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
This is a quite a customised concert for a client that wanted a wider neck amongst other details and a K&K Aloha Twin pickup.

Body is Tasmanian Blackheart Sassafras. Soundboard is Western Red Cedar, bindings curly Australian Blackwood.

Blackheart Sassafras and Cedar-7.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Cedar-5.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Cedar-2.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Cedar-12.jpgBlackheart Sassafras and Cedar-14.jpg

As always, it looks great. This one has an unusually (for you) wide binding: was that your decision or something the customer requested?

The client had some pretty specific requests, and the nut on this one is 38mm instead of my usual 36. The string spacing at the saddle is still my usual 42mm. It's not so different that I couldn't get use to it, but I do prefer the slightly slimmer neck up. Along with all the other details, he did let me have free reign on the engraft design after he sent some sketches for ideas.

I really like what you did at the jack plug.

I really like what you did at the jack plug.

It's funny, but people rarely look at the tail end of an uke I've noticed. I have had to resort to pointing out that part to them. Then they put on their glasses and say: Hmmmm...quite nice. Yes. nice. The butt end seems to be an afterthought to most people. Too bad. This is a nice tail here. Lot of work there. Hope they notice.

It's funny, but people rarely look at the tail end of an uke I've noticed. I have had to resort to pointing out that part to them. Then they put on their glasses and say: Hmmmm...quite nice. Yes. nice. The butt end seems to be an afterthought to most people. Too bad. This is a nice tail here. Lot of work there. Hope they notice.

Look at that butt. Quite nice. Makes my comment sound inappropriate. I like it!

Top Bottom